Looking to Grow the Leadership Potential in Your Credit Union? Read On.
Posted by Ben Shuey on January 3, 2023
Leaders are made, not born. Ensuring the next generation of credit union leaders is ready to take on tomorrow’s challenges is a must for credit unions to remain competitive and impactful within their communities.
Is your credit union looking to ensure its longevity? Are your team’s budding leaders ready to elevate their skills and knowledge? If you want to see growth in performance and retention – apply for the 2023 GoWest Leadership Institute.
Applications are due by Jan. 27, 2023.
Leadership development is more than a simple moment-in-time event. That’s why GoWest’s Leadership Institute program intentionally spans seven months to allow for application, reflection, and growth.
This program has been crafted with data and research to create a blended learning model that prioritizes long-term learning through various teaching and application channels. Participants will become empowered, knowledgeable, and action-oriented leaders who will provide clarity of purpose, motivate others, and help guide your credit union to realize its mission to achieve its vision.
A Blended Learning Approach
The 2023 GoWest Leadership Institute blended learning approach includes:
- Eight online learning modules. These include 4–15-hour online learning lessons used as a prerequisite to workshops and virtual seminars.
- Three in-person workshops: one at the beginning of the program, one towards the middle, and one at the end of the program. Each workshop lasts two days.
- Four virtual, topic-based seminars. The seminars are three hours in duration.
- 360-degree Leadership Assessment using EvaluSkills conducted at the start of the program and again at the end of the program.
- Online personality type assessment (MBTI®).
- Emotional Intelligence assessment (Emotional Intelligence Appraisal®).
- Virtual one-on-one mentoring session.
- Offline workplace application activities.
Who should apply?
The Leadership Institute is GoWest’s first-tier leadership development program perfect for early career professionals, potential management candidates, emerging leaders, team leads, and high-potential team members.
A small investment in yourself and your team could be the best decision you’ve made for your credit union in 2023.
Apply today, then forward the application to a coworker! You won’t regret it.
For questions, reach out to Layna Officer, GoWest’s director of credit union leadership and talent development.