Key Hearings on Credit Union Priorities in Congress This Week
Posted by Ben Shuey on April 16, 2021
This week there we a number of key hearings in both the Senate Banking Committee and the House Financial Services Committee. They touched on issues close to our credit union advocacy priorities and shed helpful insight on key issues like FinTech banking charters, the approach to student debt, and evaluating racial discrimination in housing. You can listen to a recording of each of them below.
- Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee hearing, “Separate and Unequal: The Legacy of Racial Discrimination in Housing;”
- Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Subcommittee On Economic Policy hearing, “The Student Debt Burden and Its Impact on Racial Justice, Borrowers, & The Economy;
- House Financial Services Committee on Financial Services hearing, “Build Back Better: Investing in Equitable and Affordable Housing Infrastructure;”
- House Financial Services Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Financial Institutions hearing, “Banking Innovation or Regulatory Evasion? Exploring Trends in Financial Institution Charters;”
- House Financial Services Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship, and Capital Markets hearing, “The End of LIBOR: Transitioning to an Alternative Interest Rate Calculation for Mortgages, Student Loans, Business Borrowing, and Other Financial Products.”