VP/Employee Services Manager
Seattle Credit Union
The Job Title: VP Employee Services Manager
Functional Area: Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Chief People Officer
Employee Type: Regular, FT
FLSA Status: Exempt
ABOUT THE ROLE:
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Understand Seattle Credit Union’s organizational strengths and opportunities to propose new, innovative solutions that support our Mission and Values.
- Develops and maintains strong and trusted relationships with employees and managers at all levels across the organization.
- Lead the design, sustainment, and management of the Employee Services strategy, including Self-Service and Payroll.
- Lead the design, sustainment and management of the Credit Union’s Compliance Strategy and method for determining audits, FLSA, the SAFE Act, records, and reporting.
- Design and launch a Hybrid Work philosophy to include domestic and international requirements.
- Consult and collaborate with HR team to research, draft and implement new policies, procedures and handbooks and ensure that all people programs comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- System Administrator for HCM software platform, Ceridian Dayforce, including overall development, implementation, upgrading, maintenance and day-to-day HRIS support activities.
- Establishes OSHA compliant safety programs and practices in alignment with partners who lead strategy around our physical space and hybrid work environment.
- Ensure that payroll is complete and accurate for transmission on a bi-weekly basis.
- Utilizes research and data to inform recommendations to Senior Management.
- Create financial and employee related reports to present to senior leadership and inform decision making.
- Manages the Verification of Employment and Income process.
- Support employee management of service awards/anniversaries, tuition reimbursement, and employee separations through administration, communication, and action planning.
- Act as the compensation liaison with external vendors as needed.
- Responsible for drafting the communication of programs in alignment with branding guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources.
- Minimum of 2 years as a people manager.
- Highly skilled in building cross-functional relationships through effective communication, facilitation, and influence. Ability to influence and collaborate with different levels and personality styles across the organization.
- Ability to work efficiently, accurately and with a sense of urgency when under pressure and during time-sensitive matters. Flexible, adaptable, and able to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
- Knowledge of project management and program management tools and methodologies.
- Use design thinking.
- Experience in designing company-wide transformational change strategies and programs. Able to and helps others connect to the bigger picture. A skilled-thought leader and storyteller.
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment and autonomous environment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Can communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Possesses a high level of integrity, judgment, and discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information.
- A strategic and analytical thinker who can turn complex data into practical and straight-forward application.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Financial Institution background.
- Generalist background in human resources.
- Compensation experience.
- This is a hybrid role with work performed remotely as well as in an office and/or branch environment in the Greater Seattle area of Washington State.
- Team members may attend special off-hour meetings and seminars.
- The nature of work may include prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.