VP- Chief Financial Officer
Gesa Credit Union
Take a leap and join our team!
At Gesa, we believe in the power of our people. Coming from all walks of life, our team members’ individual stories and unique experiences are our most valuable asset. But it’s how we come together, igniting our collective compassion and commitment to empowering our communities, that makes us succeed. Because we know we go further when we go together.
Here you can join a team who is passionate about serving others, has a desire to do good, and shares a deep love of people. You can engage in meaningful work that impacts your community. You can challenge yourself and grow in your career. And, you can rest assured that your wellbeing and prosperity are our priority.
Get to know us: About – Gesa Credit Union
Reporting directly to the EVP of Risk Management, this position’s role is to plan, coordinate, direct, and supervise all operational and strategic activities of the Accounting, Finance, Analytics, and Incentive Programs including forecasting, risk and performance monitoring, reporting, project management and staff management. This individual provides direction and support for all projects and solutions that support Gesa’s strategic plans, collaborates with the executive management team and decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective solutions or revenue generating products/services for all aspects of the organization. Other responsibilities include: management of software applications that support direct functions, establishment and attainment of high service levels, and to provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing initiatives across the organization.
What You Will Be Doing:
- As a member of the Executive Team, participate in strategic and operational planning, keep current with industry trends and issues, and establish performance measurements to monitor compliance with goals and objectives. Advocate Gesa’s vision and mission within the organization.
- Champion innovation that improves efficiencies and effectiveness across all areas of the credit union, with special emphasis on assigned responsibilities.
- Take a lead role in evaluating, monitoring, and mitigating all major risk areas faced by the credit union. This includes policy development, adherence testing and program oversight of all assigned functions and staff. This includes using risk in prudent ways to help the credit union meet is vision and mission.
- Establish department goals and objectives that are in line with the organizational strategic plan. Ensure monitoring performance metrics are established and measured.
- Lead in preparing, implementing and supervising an annual operating and capital budget for all areas of responsibility, and for the organization, that is consistent with the credit union’s strategic plan. Track budget on an ongoing basis for adherence.
- As appropriate, work with Executives on helping align their budget requests and operational expenses to align with the credit union’s overall budgetary needs and performance expectations.
- Approve capital and operating contracts up to level of authority granted by policy. Analyze cost versus benefit for all expenditures and initiatives.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, training and development, and organization of qualified staff in accordance with budget and personnel policies.
- Build and maintain an appropriate organizational structure that supports Gesa’s needs. Coach, mentor, guide and regulate staff as needed to maintain an effective, productive, and efficient department.
- Ensure continuous delivery of services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitor departmental performance.
- Approve, prioritize, and be responsible for management of accounting, finance, analytics and incentive program related projects including the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major systems and operational policies.
- Communicate goals and direction with staff to ensure clear understanding of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, requirements and expectations.
- Identify cost and process efficiency improvements, and opportunities across all functions for appropriate and cost-effective investment in systems and resources, outsourcing and purchasing (and in-house development when applicable).
- Conduct staff meetings to identify areas for improvement, changes in procedures, new developments, or changes in goals, and open exchange of ideas. Keep staff updated on trends and general credit union information.
- Maintain vendor contract tracking to be aware of expiration dates and required notices affecting all credit union vendors and services.
- Be responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of progressive and effective staff incentive programs. This includes both departmental, sales program, and credit union level incentive programming.
- Keep the EVP of Risk Management advised of status of all major projects and identify the project owner assigned to each project.
- Attend board meetings to report on assigned responsibilities and present on key tactical initiatives as requested by the EVP of Risk Management.
- Ensure establishment of, effectiveness of, and compliance with internal controls.
- Perform all duties and maintain all critical data with the highest standard of confidentiality and professionalism. Consistently display respect for all areas of diversity and levels of knowledge.
- Must understand and perform Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) functions as applicable to job responsibilities.
- Attend credit union training sessions, conferences, or seminars as directed by supervisor. Maintain awareness of policies and regulations related to duties and responsibilities Participate in relevant professional society as approved by manager.
- Display leadership values such as mutual respect, trust and dignity, and act in the best interest of the credit union. Lead by example by displaying confirmed ethics and integrity at all times.
- Perform related duties as vital for completion of tasks or responsibilities assigned. Control risk and operate assigned departments in a safe and sound manner.
- To possess strong organizational skills; prioritize and handle multiple sophisticated tasks.
- To supervise, empower and evaluate staff to foster teamwork.
- To consistently display professional demeanor with significant level of diplomacy, respect toward members and coworkers, value diversity, and maintain high level of integrity.
- To efficiently communicate ideas and information, both orally and in writing. Must make presentations to groups.
- To be proficient with standard office equipment and programs, Microsoft Office programs, and reporting programs.
- Possess knowledge of sophisticated financial institution, financial and operational management strategies and techniques.
- To display and exercise knowledge of credit union state and federal laws and regulations, particularly pertaining to areas of employment, including Accounting, Finance, Analytics, Incentive Program, Risk Management, Compliance, and Business Continuity.
- To problem-solve and make responsible decisions.
- To identify, research, analyze, and recommend achievable operational improvements.
Leadership core competencies:
Leaders at Gesa Credit Union are lifelong learners who, by developing themselves, are better able to grow our team members and our organization as well as serve as influential role models for each other. We believe that every team leader, no matter their position or years of experience, must model and continue to strengthen these competencies which are foundational to our view of leadership and support the achievement of our strategic goals.
- Leading Others
- Developing Others
- Emotional Intelligence
- Social Responsibility
- Performance & Results Orientation
What You Will Need:
- Eight to ten years similar or directly related experience. Experience in financial industry or credit union is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field of study. Equivalent of specialized courses, training, and/or work experience may be substituted year-for-year.
- Knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Collections, Analytics, Incentive Program, Risk Management, Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management, Vendor Management, Business Continuity, Real Estate, Facilities Management and Internal Audit management principles and strategies.
- Supervisory management experience required.
- Some travel required to fulfill duties and to further professional education by attending conferences, training or professional seminars or other professional instruction.
- A Valid Driver’s License is required.
Our Team Member Value Proposition:
In exchange for bringing your talent to Gesa, here are a just a few of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 20 days/year accrual of Paid Time Off – Plus 10 Paid Holidays!
- 401(k) Match
- Incentive Program
- Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Repayment
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Product discounts
- Engaging Work Environment
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
Get wise to what’s possible with a career at Gesa. Join us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact the HR Department at (509) 378-3100 or [email protected] to request an accommodation.
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes screening for all drugs considered illegal or controlled by the State of Washington, as well as, a credit/background check and a skills assessment.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.
Please log in before posting jobs.