Vice President of Marketing
SELCO Community Credit Union
Vice President of Marketing
Location: Springfield, Oregon (Corporate Headquarters)
Employment type/status: Regular, Full-Time
Benefit eligible: Yes, eligible for full benefits
FSLA status: Exempt
Note: this position is only eligible for in office/branch work arrangements.
SELCO Community Credit Union, headquartered in Springfield, Oregon, provides personal service to more than 143,000 members as one of the largest, oldest, and most trusted Oregon-based credit unions. For more than 85 years, SELCO has worked to develop life-long relationships with our members. We realize how important credit unions are to the economic success of individuals and entire communities.
As a member-focused credit union, we’re looking for new team members who have a desire to help others. Whether empowering people to reach their goals in person or behind the scenes, our employees share a commitment to creating meaningful relationships with our members and community. We’re also a fun place to work, and we offer competitive pay, professional development, and great benefits!
SELCO Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ABOUT THE POSITION:
SELCO Community Credit Union is looking for a Vice President of Marketing to join our organization and lead our Marketing Team at our Corporate Headquarters location in Springfield, Oregon. This position is responsible for overseeing SELCO’s Marketing Department, including strategy development and implementation, member communication initiatives and programs, and management and development of the Marketing Team. The successful candidate will bring a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field or equivalent experience. In addition, candidates must have at least five (5) years of marketing experience and at least five (5) years of management experience.To learn more about SELCO, view the full position description, and apply, please visit https://www.selco.org/why-selco/careers/!
Essential Job duties include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Foster a positive, engaging, and productive work environment by embracing our leadership culture, Mission, Vision, Values, Service Promises, and exceptional customer service standards; inspiring others through words and actions; and ensuring positive morale throughout SELCO.
- Develop marketing vision, strategies and plans for SELCO and its subsidiaries in accordance with SELCO’s operational and strategic objectives, values, brand, and guiding principles.
- Oversee SELCO’s brand development and integration into all facets of the organization.
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of industry marketing trends and develop and execute strategy to ensure SELCO maintains leading industry standards and best practices in all relevant areas.
- Develop and oversee SELCO’s marketing projects, campaigns, and initiatives, including company-sponsored events, product promotions, and other advertising or marketing programs.
- Oversee strategic communication for internal and external channels.
- Prepare and present information about marketing trends, strategic initiatives and activities, and results to SELCO’s Board of Directors, Committees, and leadership team.
- Develop and recommend initiatives to Senior Management, track results and opportunities for improvement, and provide ongoing feedback on effectiveness.
- Ensure effective team leadership within the Marketing Department including:
- Oversee staff allocation, including hiring, to ensure resources are adequate.
- Provide direction, feedback, and motivation to promote excellence and ensure performance objectives are met, including administering salaries in alignment with organizational salary administration program and taking other necessary employment actions.
- Coach through timely and effective performance feedback, including written performance evaluations.
- Support and sponsor training and professional development opportunities.
- Act as a resource for complex or difficult situations, problem resolution, and risk mitigation.
- Assist in developing business plans and ensure the execution of business plan and product development initiatives. Act as project sponsor and/or lead when assigned to ensure performance objectives are met.
- Actively participate in committees and other cross-functional teams as designated by senior management.
Skills and abilities include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Exceptional customer service skills by using the GVAL-HI approach to providing service. Greet people, Value them. Ask how you can help. Listen. Help them. Invite them back.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills. Demonstrated skills in interpersonal communication, team member coaching and effective team development.
- Excellent professional communication skills in person, over the phone, and in writing including through electronic channels.
- Sophisticated computer and software application skills, including Microsoft Office and other systems.
- Ability to use experience-related knowledge and good judgment to plan, make decisions and accomplish goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that enable working independently and as part of a team with others at all organizational levels.
- Ability to apply knowledge acquired through job training and self-study of procedures and updates.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field or equivalent related experience; and
- At least five (5) years of marketing experience; and
- At least five (5) years of management experience; and
- Must be bondable.