Teller / MSR
Northwest Plus Credit Union
Contact: Kelly Alfaro
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (425) 297-1043
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily.
- Contributes to NW+’s mission statement and goals by providing the highest quality of service, treating each person professionally – with warmth, courtesy, and respect, cross-selling additional services, and making a personal effort to make members feel they belong and are important to the credit union.
- Initiates and opens new accounts.
- Provide account services to members by receiving deposits and loan payments, cashing checks, issuing withdraws, and recording night and mail deposits.
- Answers questions in person or on the telephone and refers members to other services as necessary.
- Cross-sells financial products by answering inquiries, informing members of new services and product promotions, and understand member needs.
- Maintains member confidence and protects credit union operations by keeping information confidential.
- Actively contribute to branch business goals, as well as individual sales and member service goals.
- Employs sound judgement, maintains knowledge of and, using decisions-making skills, adheres to all standards on internal and external policies and procedures and BSA regulations.
- Demonstrates good risk management decisions, including displaying solid knowledge of guidelines for fraud prevention and robbery.
- Complies and stays up-to-date with applicable laws, regulations, and operational procedures.
- Maintains and balance the cash drawer on a daily basis by accounting for cash assigned, received, and disbursed.
- Performs such other member service functions that might be needed from time to time or takes on other clerical duties when required as assistance in every department may be require from time to time.
Education and Skills Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with handling cash and interacting with consumers in a retail or service-based environment.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to represent the credit union in a positive, professional manner in person, on the telephone and in written correspondence.
- Flexibility and capacity to manage many responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions.
- Ability to organize projects, to prioritize workflow, and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will operate in a general office environment, using office equipment such as a phone, calculator and a computer. The employee must be able to bend and squat occasionally.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate as compared to a private office with foot traffic and office equipment. The employee must be able and willing to interact frequently with the general public.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be constructed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
The credit union is an Equal Opportunity employer. Background reviews, including criminal and credit histories conducted prior to selection.