Nordstrom Federal Credit Union
Contact: Alison Peek
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (206) 774-2905
Perform Finance and Accounting functions to ensure compliance with State and Federal rules and regulations. Ensure all auditing, accounting, and recordkeeping activities of the credit union meet generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP). Ensure that reports, accounts, systems, policies, and practices adhere to GAAP. Make recommendations relating to budget preparation, income forecasts, and operational changes as needed.
Manage, and maintain reliable accounting information and reporting on income, expenses, assets, liabilities, and capital for management planning and decision making and for fulfillment of financial reporting requirements. Reconcile GL and bank accounts. Perform tasks necessary to balance and update general ledger and subsidiary accounts, maintain and reconcile daily cash accounts, and manage other accounting-related duties. Prepare various accounting reports as required.
Process all data and forms pertinent to payroll, including supporting documentation, tax payments, audit trails, and permanent employee records. Ensure accuracy of information and compliance with State and Federal regulations pertaining to payroll. Prepare all necessary supporting documents and reports and maintain complete confidentiality throughout the process.
Primary duties include:
- Process the daily incoming ACH and Share Draft files which include clearing any rejected items and filing returns on disputed items.
- Review, set up, delete and release ACH originations for loan payments.
- Balance daily and manage bank accounts and Corporate Credit Union accounts.
- Balance and reconcile various general ledger accounts on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Process accounts payable including invoices, check requests, and expense reports.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and quarterly regulatory reports.
- Place investments with management approval.
- Maintain business records in accordance with record retention.
Skills and Abilities:
- Financial institution experience with emphasis on accounting and finance.
- Proficient understanding of GAAP.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, while also participating in a team-based environment.
- Sound judgment, attention to detail, and problem-solving abilities.
We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits which include 401k and 100% employer-paid medical insurance.
To submit your confidential application, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]