Risk Management Specialist
O Bee Credit Union
The Risk Management Specialist position is responsible for coordinating the oversight of the credit union’s vendor management program, business continuity program, and ongoing risk assessments.
- Leverage knowledge of industry best practices, communication, and problem solving to assist with the vendor management program life cycle, including onboarding, due diligence, risk assessment, monitoring, reporting, and offboarding.
- Coordinate with management and provide support for proper oversight of vendor contracts to ensure that contractual expectations are outlined, agreements are mutually beneficial, and legal review is performed as appropriate.
- Work with management and business units to ensure adequate vendor management oversight occurs, including ongoing due diligence and risk assessment as appropriate.
- Provide counsel to management and business units on vendor management matters.
- Assist with the refinement of vendor management processes to improve efficiency.
- Develop and facilitate vendor management training for vendor relationship managers.
- Assist in managing the Business Continuity Program (BCP) lifecycle, including Business Impact Analysis (BIA), Threat Risk Assessment (TRA), and plan development, testing, and updates.
- Provide BCP expertise, advice, and counsel to management and business units to enhance their ability to respond to business continuity risks.
- Collaborate with business units to create and maintain BCP plans focused on alternate procedures to ensure minimum service level objectives are met during disruption and that plans specifically address responses to the loss of people, facilities, systems, and vendors.
- Work with management and business units to ensure plans are feasible, thorough, and effective and that appropriate Recover Point Objectives (RPO) and Recover Time Objectives (RTO) are incorporated.
- Ensure plans are thoroughly documented and tested.
- Conduct and support functional and tabletop testing of BCP processes.
- Maintain and test various emergency communication methods to ensure the availability of communication during unforeseen events.
- Develop and facilitate training and awareness campaigns.
- Assist with the oversight and completion of operational and enterprise risk assessments.
- Support the ongoing management of risk through consultation, monitoring, review, and reporting of risk assessments.
- Provide counsel to business units to ensure their understanding of inherent risks, mitigating controls, and residual risks.
- Provide recommendations to management and business units on risk assessment completion and review.
- Develop and facilitate risk assessment training for business units.
Bachelor’s degree in business or finance, or equivalent work or educational experience preferred.
Two years financial institution, risk management, or compliance experience required. Experience in vendor management, business continuity, and risk assessment preferred. Vendor Management, Business Continuity, and risk assessment certifications preferred. Experience with Ncontracts NVendor, NContinuity, and NRisk modules preferred.
Applications submitted without resume will not be accepted. Relocation pay is not available. Recruitment will remain open until filled. The range for this nonexempt position is $26.72 – $40.08 an hour and is dependent on experience. This position offers hybrid capabilities.
O Bee Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran.
Please log in before posting jobs.