Mortgage Loan Originator
Alaska USA Mortgage Company
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Market mortgage loan programs to the real estate sales industry and to personal contacts.
- Develop and maintain loan referral relationships with professionals in real estate, accounting, legal and financial planning fields.
- Interview buyer/applicants and originate investor mortgage loans. Accept applications and input them to the origination system, provide required estimates and disclosures, and gather required documentation and fees to process mortgage loans.
- Ensure all loans are originated, disclosed and/or re-directed accurately and timely within all established regulatory compliance requirements and timeframes.
- Ensure accurate processing is completed in a timely manner and prepare for submission to underwriting.
- If the loan is approved, take final steps to ensure a smooth closing. If the loan is declined, verbally advise the borrower and issue applicable refunds. Return any documents not pertaining to credit.
- Conduct sales presentations for Realtors as necessary to enhance business relations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.