Member Solutions Real Estate Specialist (Collections) – Remote (Bilingual/Spanish Preferred)
Seattle Credit Union
Seattle, WA (REMOTE)
Member Solutions Real Estate Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Type: FT, Regular
Seattle Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants, including racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Remote work May be considered for candidates based in the States of: Washington, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, Montana, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, and Wisconsin.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Seattle Credit Union is dedicated to helping our members achieve financial prosperity by providing education and banking services that meet their personal goals. We are Inclusive, Inventive and Invested. We are Seattle Credit Union – we build strong and trusting relationships in service of our Mission.
We are looking for a Member Solutions Real Estate Specialist who is driven to make a positive impact on the employee experience. You are a strategic thinker with a bias for action. You have a relentless pursuit of excellence while bringing others along. You do not settle for mediocrity and are comfortable with challenging the status quo. If you’re always looking for more efficient and innovative ways of working, are thoughtful, intentional, and collaborative, we would love to talk to you!
The Member Solutions Real Estate Specialist will demonstrate a service and results mindset while working with credit union members and handling all real estate collections, as well as assisting with collections on all consumer loan types (e.g., auto, VISA, lines of credit). This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference for the credit union and its members!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage all matters related to delinquent first and second mortgages, including proactively contacting members with delinquent mortgage accounts, conducting monthly reporting, conducting all foreclosure and pre-foreclosure due-diligence within the guidelines of Freddie Mac, the Washington State Foreclosure Fairness Act and other statutes.
- Proactively identify loss mitigation solutions (e.g., repayment plans, forbearance plans and modifications) and process all solutions within the guidelines of Freddie Mac, the Washington State Foreclosure Fairness Act and other statutes.
- Manage all activities on OREO accounts starting with foreclosure, all the way through repossession and maintenance, and working with our real estate broker to remarket and sell properties.
- Assist in collection of consumer loans at all stages of delinquency, up to and including charge-off.
- Manage inbound calls and assist members with all types of consumer and real estate loans.
- Perform escalated collection activities, such as skip tracing, restricting accounts or revoking lines of credit as appropriate.
- Keep accurate and up to date records that reflect collection efforts and other pertinent data within credit union systems.
- Investigate and resolve complex issues on member loans.
- Supports other areas of collections by assessing and identifying member needs to ensure strong service delivery in all areas of collections, such as repossession, real-estate, bankruptcy, and charge-off recovery.
- Demonstrates personal accountability as well as a team approach to achieve department goals.
- Demonstrate sense of urgency to meet production targets, timely and with accuracy.
- Demonstrates excellent service skills in all interactions with employees and members.
- Produces and recommends inventive solutions to a wide range of new and unique situations.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously on a frequent basis; produces results consistently with all assigned items.
- Adheres to Seattle Credit Union’s collection policies, procedures and guidelines, as well as Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Offers recommendations to improve processes and procedures, toward ongoing continuous improvement.
- Actively participates in collaborative discussions with all team members to provide best in class service and results.
- Supports a one-call service approach through sharing knowledge with other member facing staff that reflects a quality service standard across all business units.
- Support, promote, and cross-sell credit union products and services that educate and serve our membership.
- Performs accurate calculations (10 key and other) in real time while pursing quality solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year collection experience related specifically to real estate.
- 2 years of collection experience, including all types of consumer loans (auto, credit card, personal loans, negative deposit accounts).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Knowledge of Freddie Mac guidelines and reporting.
- 1 year experience in collections at a credit union or other financial institution.
- To best reflect the communities that we serve, those with written and spoken fluency Spanish are encouraged to apply.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations such as the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act, Washington State Foreclosure Act, UDAAP, Reg Z, and Bankruptcy laws.
- This is a hybrid role with work performed primarily from home in the Greater Seattle area of Washington State or outside the State of Washington in approved locations. In person attendance in meetings and seminars may be a requirement of the role.
- Team members may attend special off-hour meetings and seminars.
- Significant contact with membership is achieved through our phone queue, focused on both inbound and outbound calls.
- The nature of work may include prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Seattle Credit Union supports and invests in our employees. We offer many great benefits including zero contribution medical, dental, and vision plans for our employees. Additionally, SCU offers a generous paid time off program as well as a 401k plan with a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 5%.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.