Member Service Representative – Bilingual – Sign on Bonus
Point West Credit Union
Receive and processes members financial transactions via mail and phone, including deposits, transfers and loan payments, cashier’s checks, wires, etc. Balances cash drawer and accurately settles and records all daily activities.
Assist members and potential members with opening, maintaining and closing accounts, answer questions about products and services (including debit and credit cards), and resolve member issues that are within their authority to resolve via phone and mail. Refer problems that are beyond their authority to the Branch Manager. Develop to identify cross-selling opportunities with the ability to speak to and cross-sell relevant PWCU’s products and services to members.
Perform a variety of miscellaneous duties including filing, project work, computer input, handling of incoming and outgoing mail, and other job-related duties as required or assigned.
Correspond with or interview new account and/or loan applicants; collect necessary documents for approval and processing in compliance with Credit Union procedures, polices and legal requirements. Answer phone calls and respond to general account and/or loan questions, calculate payments, and take loan applications over the phone from members and potential members.
- Continuous sitting for extended period when performing duties.
- Occasional standing and walking.
- Occasional lifting up to 35 lbs. (office supplies).
- Occasional bending, squatting, or reaching at ground level.
- Frequent use of hands in repetitive tasks such as simple grasping, twisting/turning of wrists; finger dexterity.
- Continuous speaking and hearing for interaction with staff, members, and outside contacts.
- Continuous ability to see close and at a distance.
- Continuous interaction with others, repetitive work, attention to detail, ability to solve complex problems, alertness, precision, concentration, accuracy, thoroughness, and memory demands.
- Occasional fast-paced work.
- Frequent deadlines, flexibility, performing basic and complex numeric calculations, writing, reading, comparing, analyzing, judgment, reasoning, patience and negotiating.
- Continuous operation of office equipment.
- Normal 40-hour workweek, with occasional overtime (when approved by a manager).
- Exposed to a potentially hazardous condition, i.e. robbery. Receives detailed instructions and procedures to be followed to minimize the risk.
The physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join Point West as we work toward maintaining a strong, trust-based community in our Credit Union with our customers, and in our communities.
NOTE: Point West Credit Union believes that each employee makes significant contributions to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making a fair pay decision about jobs. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors. Nothing in this position description is an implied contract for employment. The functions are not all encompassing and are subject to change at any time by management.
To see our open position descriptions and to apply, please visit our website https://www.pointwestcu.com/careers.
Job Type: Full-time, M-F
Salary: Starting at $18.00 /hour, Competitive based on experience. Plus signing bonus!