Member Advocate (Banker) – Mobile Branch
Clackamas Federal Credit Union
Oak Grove, OR
At Clackamas Federal Credit Union, each employee has the opportunity to improve lives by offering world class service. The Member Advocate (Banker) is a key frontline position, you will initiate services to support our members, ranging from processing routine transactions, opening new accounts and taking loan applications- ensure we are serving our members with unparalleled service. Each Member Advocate is empowered to utilize a variety of member-focused solutions and transactions; (cross-selling our exciting services, products, and promotions; assist in fraud reports, account inquiries, and account maintenance) to support our members.
Our Mobile Branch will be deployed to any area with our Field of Membership including Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington, Marion, Yamhill, and Polk Counties. We are excited to have our Mobile Branch stationed in these areas on a daily basis, meaning our Mobile Branch Team will be traveling in the vehicle to each location and returning the vehicle to secure it nightly.
Here is a snapshot of what our Teams day-to-day looks like:
- Assigned to operate in the Mobile Branch facility; including traveling in the vehicle to required locations and returning to base location daily.
- Connecting and chatting with Members via walk-in branch operations and via Credit Union technology including phone systems, online chat, and email.
- Researching and resolving fundamental member inquiries about member accounts, loan applications, verify transactions, and examine documents.
- Thoughtfully reflect and analyze Members goals, needs, and concerns, and educate our community on appropriate products/services to ensure one-touch resolution and to build a long-term banking relationship with each member.
- Protect our members by resolving loan application issues, addressing credit report concerns, and working with each member to move them towards financial success.
- Excited to support our team by being consistently prepared and ready to help our members by delivering a world-class interaction through face to face connections and secure digital services.
- Demonstrates proficiency and knowledge about technology with the ability to quickly learn and access products through banking core systems.
- Have fun in this fast paced environment.
- Two (2) years prior experience in retail sales or service; financial services experience preferred
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to express ideas concisely and logically
- Demonstrated effective time management skills and the ability to work independently or in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet deadlines without sacrificing accuracy and service
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills with attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- This position requires NMLS registration at the time of employment. Clackamas Federal Credit Union will initiate the NMLS registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
FULL-TIME – Non-exempt – Flexibility and willingness to work varying shifts in situations where the Mobile Branch will be deployed at special events. Operational hours may include 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM Monday thru Friday, with frequent Saturdays (required) from 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM.
Based on experience ranging from 20.00 – 25.00 per hour
Those who are FLUENT in Spanish are eligible for a language differential rate increase.
THIS JOB IS ELIGIBLE FOR A $1000 NEW HIRE BONUS**
**Partial payment upon first full cycle pay check, and after successful completion of six months of employment.
If you are ready to partner with an organization whose mission is to improve lives and has been serving Clackamas County for over 60 years. Apply now! Your new career awaits.
Here are a few of our great benefits.
Medical, Vision and Dental- Generous PTO-401k- Education Reimbursement & Student Loan Repayment Assistance and the onsite gym at administrative headquarters.