Manager, Regulatory Advocacy – Job #3464
GoWest Credit Union Association
GoWest Region (AZ, CO, ID, OR, WA, & WY)
Contact: Jennifer Huggard
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (206) 340-4842
Our association seeks a Daniel Webster type to proactively liaise with regulators and help shape state and federal regulatory agendas, provide association members with reliable guidance, and make the world a better place for credit unions.
Our six-state trade association is looking for a Manager, Regulatory Advocacy to help manage the work with related state and federal regulatory advocacy. We are looking for someone with experience in advocacy and communication, with rulemaking and or regulatory agency outreach.
We offer a smart working environment that provides flexibility and choice for our team members. Employees have the flexibility to work where it makes sense for them to accomplish their work in support of the organization’s priorities. This position offers the flexibility of working remotely from within one of our regional states (AZ, CO, ID, OR, WA, & WY) or in one of our offices (AZ, CO, ID, OR, & WA).
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Serve as a key member of the Association’s regulatory advocacy team in their work to reduce regulatory burdens and identify opportunities for operational flexibility for GoWest credit unions.
- Build and strategically maintain relationships with assigned regulatory agencies, including building relationships with related regulatory organizations at the state and federal levels.
- Engage with regional credit unions to gather insight and input for responding to regulatory agency requests for information (RFI), notices of proposed rulemaking (NPR), and advanced notice of proposed rulemaking (ANPR).
- Identify and build direct relationships with agencies outside of direct credit union oversight, but related financial services, so the Association remains abreast of changing landscapes and can respond immediately, when necessary.
- Work with state regulatory agencies to identify, recommend updates and modernization that will help enhance/improve operations and authorities for state-chartered credit unions.
- Assist in leading state-level workgroups to engage in state-based rulemaking to improve operational flexibility for member credit unions.
- Author comment letters to the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Reserve, U.S. Department of the Treasury and other related federal agencies as well as assigned state regulatory agencies outlining members input for proposed rules and upcoming regulatory proposals.
- Support association regulatory advocacy interactions with federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Support association regulatory advocacy related work with state issues work groups, task forces and related committees.
The perfect candidate has superb communication skills, the ability to grasp complex subjects and has experience in regulatory advocacy and rulemaking. A minimum of two years’ experience in advocacy is required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but no required.
Salary ranges from $58 – $70k base salary, depending on experience. This position is eligible for a variable pay program with a potential 5% of base salary earnings. Employees (and dependents 50%) are covered by medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability. Employees are eligible to enroll in our 401k plan. New employees will accrue 15 days of vacation and 8 days of paid time off. In addition, employees will enjoy eleven paid holidays and two floating holidays.
GoWest Credit Union Association is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply by emailing your resume to [email protected] with the job #3464 in the subject line, or by faxing the same to 206.340.4802.
Please log in before posting jobs.