Loan Servicing Specialist
WyHy Federal Credit Union
TITLE: Loan Servicing Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Lending Operations
REPORTS TO: Lending Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
- Adhere to internal and federal policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Review and monitor new loan reports to maintain production standards.
- Complete loan fulfillment, including verification of required terms, conditions, loan documents, and funding.
- Assist in quality control review post loan closing.
- Accomplish the tracking and collecting of titles and mortgages with perfected WyHy liens and UCC Filings to include repossession title work.
- Monitor, track, and process ancillary products including Collateral Protection Insurance (CPI), Total Loss Insurance, GAP, MBP, and debt protection claims & cancellations both for active and repossession type loans.
- Perform basic loan maintenance and file documents for record retention.
- Ensure any Change-in-Terms (CIT) are properly documented and updated on the system.
- Maintain Wyoming (and other states’) Secretary of State (SOS) filings and subscriptions.
- Process and track garnishment documents received by the credit union ensuring timely response to the appropriate authority.
- Assist with the turn over of charged off loan and share accounts to the proper collection organizations.
- Answer member and staff inquiries.
These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Additional duties may be required and assigned. This list of duties and responsibilities is subject to change without notice.
The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions of the job.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in loan processing, documentation, and loan closing in a retail financial environment of a credit union or financial institution, or the equivalent combination of schooling and related experience is required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Symitar experience.
- Experience with titles and different ancillary insurance products.
- Experience with CenterPoint.
- Experience with Collections and Repossession clerical processes.
Knowledge and Abilities
- This position requires a perceptive person capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the individual must be sensitive to Credit Union needs and member and employee goodwill.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent member service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both members and employees; ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with personal private information.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to multi-task.
- Strong computer and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of CU collection policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Ability to be thorough and set priorities in alignment with departmental goals and objectives.
- While this position is primarily sedentary, while performing the essential duties of the position the employee may be required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, kneel, talk, see and hear. The nature of this position requires physical mobility and the ability to occasionally lift and/or move a maximum of 50 pounds with assistance. This position may include prolonged periods of time working on a computer and looking at a monitor screen.
- Core business operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM; evenings and/or weekends may be required. Travel and time spent outside office may be required.
- Requirement to be bonded. Successful background check including personal credit report and criminal record.