Loan Servicer (Consumer and Mortgage)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be familiar with and adhere to Loan Servicing rules and regulations; Charge Off loans, Real Estate Mortgage Servicing, Loan Work Out and Modifications, Troubled Debt Restructuring (TDR).
- Perform daily mortgage servicing functions, such as, but not limited to payment of taxes and insurance, posting of payments, processing of payoff request, posting actual payoffs of mortgage loan including release of lien as well as servicing adjustable rate loans as needed.
- Annual Escrow (Tax and Insurance) analysis.
- Responsible for exceptional member service to every member, every time by ensuring you deliver consistent high-quality service to both internal and external members that is in alignment with our policies and procedures.
- Must be detail oriented and possess solid organizational and time management skills. Must be able to work independently and handle multiple priorities under pressure of deadlines and time restraints.
- Able to interact effectively and professionally with members, vendors and employees in the department and credit union to ensure efficient and timely service.
- Become familiar with and adhere to our policies and procedures.
- Process reminder, late notices, delinquency reports and collections calls as required on accounts.
- Become proficient and understand the following systems; Fannie Mae, USDA, FICS Mortgage Servicer (Loan Servicing Platform).
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs duties with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Strong listening and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt and accept change.
- Remain current on and adhere to all regulatory required training.
- Promotes teamwork in the department and other departments.
- Ability to represent the credit union in a positive, professional manner in person, on the telephone and in written correspondence.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality and security in sensitive areas.
- Ability to operate routine office equipment.
- Flexibility and capacity to manage many responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to organize projects, to prioritize workflow, and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability sought and/or required for consideration for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with the credit union systems, preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with Fannie Mae, USDA systems, highly preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, customer service, verbal and written communication.
- Professional in appearance.
- Must be self motivated, detail oriented and highly organized with proven follow-up capabilities.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan servicing policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of collection rules and regulations.
- Identifies problems and develops procedures to resolve or correct the situation. Monitors and measures the results. Provides excellent member service and solves member related problems quickly.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of mortgage loan servicing background preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be constructed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
The credit union is an Equal Opportunity employer. Background reviews, including criminal and credit histories conducted prior to selection.