NW Priority Credit Union
NW Priority Credit Union is looking for a Loan Officer/Teller to join the team at our Vancouver, WA branch. In this combo position you will be processing consumer loans (data entry and underwriting) and assisting members as a teller (deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, teller checks, loan payments).
- 100% Employer-paid health, vision, prescription and dental insurance option for all full-time employees. 45% Employer-paid dependent coverage.
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match – NWPCU matches up to 4% AND gives 6% of the annual salary.
- 100% Employer-paid life insurance/AD&D package (up to $50,000)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 11 paid Holidays
- Short and long term disability (We cover 50% of the premium)
Three years teller experience required
Two years consumer loan experience required
- Recognizes members’ needs to proactively open, maintain and update all Personal, Business, Trust, Deceased and other special accounts. Process consumer loans and refer other products such as investment services.
- Performs all types of monetary/non-monetary transactions within established limits to prevent fraud and losses.
- Maintains and balances assigned cash drawer daily and follows security procedures and assigned cash limits.
- Provide information on marketing promotions in order to effectively offer all Credit Union products and services, utilizing the Credit Union’s refer program.
- Researches and resolves member inquiries and completes appropriate documents and refers them to Accounting/Card Services Department for assistance when necessary.
- Balances and loads ATM per schedule, where applicable. Completes necessary documentation for Accounting department.
- Interviews loan applicants in person and by telephone gathering required information for credit applications, explaining loan options, rates, terms and collateral requirements.
- Verifies debts, calculates monthly payments, calculates debt ratio, verifies income, determines collateral needs and verifies insurance coverage for each applicant.
- Prepares loan documents, makes appropriate loan entries into the computer, disburses loan funds and organizes appropriate loan documents in member’s file.
- Approves loans to a predetermined limit set by the Credit Manager.
- Provides managerial support when manager is not available, including vault transactions, branch security and opening and closing the branch.