North Coast Credit Union
Contact: Rhonda Purdy
Email: [email protected]
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examines, analyzes, and interprets policies, procedures and regulations in the evaluation of adequate internal control design, accuracy, compliance and the effective administration of such controls and thoroughly documents and reports findings.
- Audits credit union operations and other business-related activities for compliance with established policies, procedures, federal and state laws, rules and regulations, effective and efficient governance, and risk management control processes.
- Develops, manages, and conducts internal audits as required by regulations and policies as well as those identified as necessary through assessments of risks facing the credit union.
- Assists with the development and execution of an annual audit plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by management, internal and external auditors, examiners, regulatory agencies, and the Supervisory Committee.
- Prioritizes required audits through an approved annual audit plan, scheduling and executing them accordingly.
- Prepares audit reports and communicates complex audit findings, analysis, and conclusions and recommendations to management and to the Supervisory Committee.
- Develops and implements effective audit techniques and utilize documentation skills to adequately support audit findings.
- Performs audit and consulting engagements in matters requiring the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Prepares documentation to ensure audit recommendations are properly supported and documented and the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of internal controls have been properly evaluated.
- Reviews and analyzes the scope of audit programs, recommending changes and improvements as appropriate including the development of new audit programs when needed.
- Leverages technology to conduct analytics and streamline the audit process.
- Responsible for systematically tracking and monitoring audit and exam issues and ensuring all identified issues are appropriately addressed by management. Monitors changes in business processes, information systems, management, and operations.
- Acts as liaison to the credit union’s regulatory examiners, external auditors, and coordinates and assists with outsourced and/or co-sourced audit assurance and consulting services provided by third party service providers.
- Reviews and recommends changes to the internal audit program to maximize its effectiveness and to stay current with operational changes.
- Provides ongoing, independent assurance of the effectiveness of operational controls as identified through risk assessment.
- Performs subsequent status audits to identify and evaluate actions in response to audit findings and recommendations included in previously issued examination and external/outsourced audit reports.
- Facilitates and monitors periodic compliance testing.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent is required. BA/BS degree in business, accounting, internal audit, or finance preferred. Typically requires a minimum of four years corporate auditing experience. Experience with credit unions and banking or relevant experience and knowledge of credit union history and philosophy preferred. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Ability to evaluate internal controls and perform risk assessments in a credit union environment.
- Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of Credit Union policies, procedures, and compliance requirements.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving is necessary.
- Ability to assess and establish a clear understanding of corporate business structures and related by-laws and/or rules of operation.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills and ability to work independently under normal supervision.
- Must be an excellent listener with the ability to communicate professionally in person, in writing, and over the telephone.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and independently as well as with others to contribute to the effectiveness of the team.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to meet established goals through effective time management that allows handling of multiple priorities with competing deadlines throughout the workday.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and standard software applications including Adobe and Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Ability to read and interpret policies and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of members.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where a considerable amount of standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Certified Credit Union Internal Auditor (CCUIA), Credit Union Compliance Expert (CUCE) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designations preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.