Information Technology VP
Qualstar Credit Union
Why join Qualstar?
- Good work/life balance
- Paid vacation, sick, and Federal holidays
- Competitive pay
- Medical / dental / vision with $0 plan available and 50% paid dependent coverage
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee loan rate discounts
Qualstar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Vice President, Information Technology (VP IT) is the senior-most leader for the strategy and execution of Information Technology at Qualstar Credit Union. The VP IT leads a team responsible for information security, IT asset and configuration management, desktop/server management and engineering, service desk and technical fulfillment, core system management, and associated integrations. This leader will partner with Qualstar management to identify, prioritize, and implement technology solutions in support of Qualstar’s mission to improve the financial lives of its members.
- Partner with senior management to define computing and telecommunications requirements to help meet Qualstar’s strategic business goals.
- Develop and maintain a long-term strategic technology plan. Develop a budget and manage expenses for the department. Manages relationships with our strategic software and hardware vendors and service providers.
- Manage a team of technology professionals. Leads the team to maintain, update and enhance Qualstar’s information security, network, configuration management, desktop, service desk systems, core financial system, and associated integrations. Develops and reports on SLAs and KPIs for the IT team’s provision of services to the organization.
- Manage the performance and development of team members, including regular one-on-one meetings, coaching, periodic performance discussions, and written evaluations.
- Oversee the evaluation, purchase, and installation of all IT hardware, software, and systems, including maintenance and service contracts. Evaluate new features and functionality and their potential applicability to the business, and engage with key internal stakeholders on their potential adoption.
- Provide support and maintenance for enterprise applications, ensuring maximum uptime, high performance, and functional capabilities. Direct the IT team in responding promptly to and recovering from systems and network-related interruptions.
- Manage system and network security and integrity. Meet or exceed information security and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and respond to and resolve audit and regulatory findings in coordination with Compliance and Internal Audit.
- Own implementation of new releases. Develops and communicates plans for new releases, adopting project management best practices to include organizational engagement, stakeholder communication, schedule definition and management, testing process, and implementation.
- Develop, maintain and test a DR/BCP for technology, including procedures to define specific technical and communication responses to DR/BC events. Partner with functional leaders on business requirements and SLAs within DR/BCP.
- Develops and maintains principles, standards, procedures, and implementation of IT programming and asset and configuration management
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to view a computer monitor
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or similar discipline required, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 15 years of technology experience.
- Minimum 10 years of management experience.
- Minimum 7 years of information security administration experience.
- Financial services or other highly regulated industry experience is preferred.
- Willing to occasionally work during non-business hours, to support installations or address outages
- Effective leadership and partnering skills, including oral and written communication skills. Critical thinking, problem solving, curiosity, and analytical skills.
- Ideal candidates will have extensive experience with Key Technologies.
- Symitar / Episys core banking system
- VM Ware ESXI
- Citrix VDI
- Next gen firewalls
- Various WAN technologies (e.g. MPLS, SDWAN, IPSec VPN)
- VoIP phone system technologies
- Web facing and mobile application delivery methodologies
- Microsoft software stack
- Multi-site WAN
- Datacenter technologies
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE THAT BEFORE AN INTERVIEW, A BACKGROUND AND CREDIT CHECK ARE CONDUCTED.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.