Verity Credit Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Administers and manages payroll functions. Able to understand various state, local, and federal pay laws, and identify risks.
- Assists with the administration of the compensation program and monitors performance evaluations to ensure merit increases, bonuses, and other compensation is processed accordingly.
- Administers and maintains the Human Resources Information System (HRIS); verifies and processes data and pay changes; coordinates system updates and maintenance. Makes recommendations on process improvements and efficient administration of HRIS and HRIS generated reports.
- Prepares and presents trainings to employees and management on Human Resources related topics, to include New Supervisor/ Manager training.
- Administers NMLS program.
- Collaborating with outside vendors, upper management and employees to maintain CSR standards.
- Participates in Audit and Compliance projects.
- Understands all departmental policies and procedures. Adheres to and follows all such policies and procedures in all activities. Responsible for updating policies and procedures in accordance with employment law changes, best practices, and Credit Union changes. Responsible for identifying potential changes to policies and procedures that improve efficiency or accuracy of work product and processes and communicates recommendations to the human resources leadership team.
- Coordinates the administration of the Employee Engagement Survey. Recommends and assists with implementation of result-driven action plans.
- Coordinates new hire dates with other departments. Creates, updates, and delivers new hire onboarding and orientation processes and paperwork in a positive, inspiring and engaging manner. Collects all necessary new hire paperwork and completes associated data entry into human resource systems.
- Assists in recruiting and selection initiatives for both internal and external candidates. This may include application reviews, candidate screening and interviewing, running background checks and credit history reports, making recommendations on the selection of candidates, distributing adverse and pre-adverse action notifications, and extending offers of employment.
- Manages the off-boarding process by preparing and delivering termination documents, collecting Credit Union equipment, reviewing mandatory State/Federal notices prepares, and conducting exit interviews.
- Completes employee benefit administrative duties by working in coordination with the Credit Union’s external vendors to process benefit enrollments/changes, update employee benefit plan records, and ensure policy compliance. Assists in the preparation and distribution of materials and communications for employees relative to all benefit programs.
- Performs various administrative tasks for the 401(k) program.
- Ensures timely processing of disability and worker’s compensation insurance claims. Works directly with employees and claims representatives to represent the best interest of the Credit Union and ensure proper care for employees.
- Supports and administers functions associated with the tuition assistance program.
- Reviews, researchers, and completes/provides information for the completion of various surveys and reports related to workforce management, compensation, benefits, and regulatory/government reports. Develops, distributes, and reports on various internal metrics relative to human resources. Engages in the investigation and analysis of questionable data or inaccurate information and provides reports on findings.
- Participates and assists in the development and implementation of departmental goals, objectives, and strategies. Collaborates with other departmental staff and makes recommendations to increase efficiencies and improve the general departmental operations relative to the quality of service provided to team members and applicants.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values (vision, mission and core values); accepts responsibility for own actions and departmental staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in business, or a similar area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in generalist background in human resources.
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal regulations.
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification.
- Familiarity with credit union history and its philosophy.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires knowledge and experience with: recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, employee engagement, training, and performance management.
- Must maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of employment and payroll laws and regulations related to duties and responsibilities and make recommendations to assure the Credit Union’s compliance and effective and efficient administration of policies, processes, and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, local, State and Federal employment laws/regulations, COBRA, HIPPA, FMLA, PDL, CFRA, ADA, PFL, state disability, unemployment insurance, ADA, EEOC, OSHA, payroll, communicable disease management, etc., and how they interact with each other.
- Possesses strong presentation skills to communicate information professionally and effectively for reports, presentations, and webinars/seminars on employment laws, policies, procedures, benefit programs and assigned duties one-on-one and to a large group of employees.
- Knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC regulations as they apply to this role. Must complete annual required training and ensure adherence to all regulatory requirements including annual and role specific training.
- Knowledge of HR Information System(s).
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences and promotes a work environment free of harassment of any type.
- Diplomacy, tact, empathy and ability to maintain confidentiality is essential. Excellent judgement, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
Verity Credit Union is committed to reasonably accommodating physical aspects of any position. The following are some that are normally encountered in this job:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is at will, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the at will policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.