Fiscal Analyst 2, Warrant Services
Washington State Treasurer
- Reconciles all warrants presented to OST for payment from the state’s concentration account and the FRB utilizing MICR Image Processing System (MIPS) software. Verifies the warrant number, the date, and that the amount charged by the financial institution matches the warrant database.
- Independently reviews, analyzes, determines and resolves financial payment discrepancies; makes necessary fiscal adjustments. Completes forms to submit adjustments for the FRB and the state’s concentration bank.
- Communicates the daily Cash Letter totals to the OST’s Investment Team via the warrant database.
- Works with the Banking Services unit of OST to facilitate the reconciliation of the warrant account with the state’s concentration bank.
- Performs updates and adjustments to the database to ensure accurate processing of warrant redemptions and cancellations.
- Presents recommendations for improved business practices pertaining to fiscal changes in the database.
- Works with supervisor to update statewide warrant policies and procedures in the State Administrative and Accounting Manual (SAAM).
- Provides backup support for other positions both in the Warrant Services unit and other units of Cash Management.