Central Willamette Credit Union
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and deliver product, member, channel, profitability and relationship/engagement metrics, analyses, reports, and recommendations necessary to meet strategic and operational objectives.
- Leverage marketplace analysis along with internal data to identify and recommend trends and opportunities to achieve credit union’s goals.
- Generate, interpret and report financial data, projections, and cost analysis relative to current financial developments/trends, organizational financial policies/plans, and significant organizational developments, as they relate to multi-year margin, return, and capital needs.
- Prepare and present in board and management Asset Liability Committee (ALCO) meetings, including gathering and compiling monthly financial statements, pricing, product structure, margins. Participation in decisions affecting rates, product volumes levels, etc.
- Collaborate effectively with agile, multi-disciplinary teams to champion analytics driven decisions.
- Influence the strategic roadmap of the various products through insights from quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Work with internal resources including leadership to provide key performance data related to products, channels, pricing, profitability, and members.
- Provide support to the Capital Planning and Stress Testing process and function.
- Build out forecasting models to help project deposit balances as well as loan originations.
- Build out pricing analytics capabilities to aid with pricing decisions for all products.
- Generate creative, action-oriented insights into key business drivers and understand current market, industry, and member trends.
- Champion data driven decision making across key stakeholder teams and internal/external partners, and advocate for members and their needs.
- Present analytical findings to peers, product teams and executive leadership.
- Provide ad hoc modelling and financial data, including member research, delivery channels, market sizing, economic analysis, statistical analysis, and competitive research to support various projects, product/service recommendations and strategic initiatives.
- Work with leadership on product roadmaps by generating critical insights about our members through quantitative analytics and translating those insights into impactful business actions.
- Design and conduct quantitative analytics that drive requirements, use cases that influence initiatives during development and post-launch.
- Create and share metrics and analytics to indicate success.
- Identify and leverage informed and current best practice in analytical techniques from industry peers to stay current with and ahead of trends.
- Act as an effective team member and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Be a visible supporter of the Credit Union’s community involvement by volunteering for events and activities that enrich the communities of the central Willamette Valley.
- Cooperate and work with co-workers as a team member
- Performs all responsibilities in accordance with CW Values, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements
- Attend training and comply with CWCU policies and procedures as well as applicable State and Federal regulations.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement multiple projects in a timely manager.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgement in problem solving.
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must demonstrate ability to design, implement and maintain financial management programs, plans and initiatives.
- Ability to collect pertinent data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, as well as formulate ideas and recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and presentation skills to effectively attack problems, communicate with management, staff, and outside contacts.
- Effective communication skills to disseminate information to the wider organization in a relevant and contextual manner.
- Demonstrated ability to take a broad perspective and approach to determining objectives and methodologies to critical assignments.
- High level of expertise in the use of personal computers in a networked environment with excellent spreadsheet, database, analysis, and word processing experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or related discipline required, or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an analytics role.
- Experience and proficiency in data analytics, financial modeling, and statistics.
- Experience working in financial services industry preferred.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Ability to sit or stand within proximity of a computer terminal for extended periods.
- Vision (or corrected) to the normal range.