Seattle Credit Union
We are looking for an Executive Assistant/Administrator who is driven to make a positive impact. You are a strategic thinker with a bias for action. You have a relentless pursuit of excellence while bringing others along. You do not settle for mediocrity and are comfortable with challenging the status quo. If you’re always looking for more efficient and innovative ways of working, are thoughtful, intentional, and collaborative, we would love to talk to you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Facilitates strong and effective relationships between all elements of the Credit Union’s governance structure
- Fosters collaborative working relationships between the Board Chair, Board Committee Members, CEO and Executive Team
- Assists the Executive team with scheduling, travel, expense reports and special projects
- Assists in scheduling and coordinating employee company-wide, Board and Committee meetings and attends all meetings
- Works with Board and Committees to create and distribute the Board meeting information packet
- Ensures meeting minutes are taken for all Board and Committee meetings with the exception of Executive Committee and Executive Session
- Coordinates and tracks Board educational opportunities, including in-house, online, conference and external consultant training opportunities
- Assists in coordinating and facilitating new Board Member and Committee Member onboarding, orientation and off-boarding
- Assists Credit Union and Board in coordinating, communicating and acting on regular governance, Board Member, peer-to-peer, officer and committee assessments
- Coordinates compliance and assists with the Credit Union policy review process
- Works with the Board and Committees to optimize timing, quality and frequency of information distributed to the Board
- Works with Committee Chairs or designee to compile all Committee reports
- Prepares Board meeting minutes for approval by Board and recording by the Board Secretary
- Works with Board Chair and/or Board Secretary to calendar Board events
- Coordinates all on-site and off-site related meetings for the Executive team and Board (e.g., agenda’s, events, travel arrangements, lodging and meal planning, etc.)
- Processes requests from Board meeting, Committee meeting and the CEO (or designee)
- Creates, organizes, files and maintains accurate electronic files and manages Board Portal
- Handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Builds and maintains relationships with and information flow to external advisors retained by the Board, as needed
- Collaborates with the Executive Team and Business Leaders throughout the organization to provide timely updates on credit union strategies and initiatives through town hall and all-staff meetings
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in all Credit Union business
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- 5+ years’ experience supporting the executive level
- Experience with Boards of Directors
- Takes initiative, proactive and resourceful with strong problem-solving skills
- High skill in troubleshooting and working under tight timelines
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings
- Experienced with project management including managing multiple schedules, setting up communication channels, tracking successes and challenges
- Experience assisting management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations
- Strong knowledge of multiple platforms (i.e., Apple, Windows, MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook and SharePoint)
- Timely responsiveness and strong professional communication skills
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management
- Strong minute taking skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Financial Institution background.
- Support experience in a professional services and financial environment
- Experience supporting an executive team of 5+ people
- Experience successfully creating and/or modifying processes
- Experience with Robert’s Rules
- Event Planning
- This is a hybrid role with work performed remotely as well as in an office and/or branch environment in the Greater Seattle area of Washington State.
- Team members may attend special off-hour meetings and seminars.
- The nature of work may include prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Seattle Credit Union supports and invests in our employees. We offer many great benefits including zero contribution medical, dental, and vision plans for our employees. Additionally, SCU offers a generous paid time off program as well as a 401k plan with a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 5%.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.