Director of Marketing
Horizon Credit Union
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the VP of Marketing & Digital Strategy and other key leaders, develop and execute an effective marketing plan and strategy focusing on growth and brand optimization.
- Design and implement an overall multi-channel marketing and digital plan which supports the credit union’s member experience, market share growth, and targeted business results.
- Direct and execute efforts in all marketing and digital channel management areas, including research/development; brand management; creative development; direct marketing; digital marketing; advertising; public relations; product launch; website; social media; event planning; and project and program management.
- Monitors and is responsive to changes in the marketing and digital landscape, including government regulation, technological advancements, consumer needs and preferences, and others.
- Oversee all external communication activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external service providers, advertising firms, and vendors to facilitate marketing objectives.
- Prepares marketing activity reports for management; including, but not limited to such matters as marketing trends, environmental scans, new member campaigns, tracking reports on member behavior as related to product usage or signing up for new services, and shared sentiment of members regarding service satisfaction.
- Works with writers and artists and oversees copywriting, design, layout, paste-up, and production of promotional materials.
- Direct strategy development, innovation, and management of the digital member experience across online and digital banking platforms.
- Responsible for identifying and analyzing industry trends, defining competitive positioning, leveraging new technologies, and working closely with Horizon business lines and product teams to create strategies that increase digital engagement and meet or exceed member needs and goals.
- Develops and maintains a public relations plan that is focused on relationship building and positioning the organization as an ethically reputable institution with fast friendly service.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results and adjusts accordingly to ensure the achievement of marketing objectives are within designated budgets.
- In partnership with compliance, oversee that policy and legal requirements are satisfied to ensure marketing practices are compliant.
- Responsible for all major service contracts, activities, and vendor management in areas of responsibility.
- Supports Budget planning, monitoring, and oversight. May develop a budget.
- Serves as business unit point of contact and key decision maker for staff and all stakeholders’ needs or queries, including corporate counsel and/or member circumstances as needs arise.
- Performs such other duties and accountabilities as assigned by the VP of Marketing & Digital Strategy and the SVP of Marketing & Facilities.
- Is responsible for the overall leadership, direction, coordination, and evaluation of the assigned Marketing Team.
- Guide, coach and develop the Team to create effective outcomes and drive employee engagement.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, managing performance, and directing work.
- Department Managers and team members are efficient, effective, and well-trained.
- Business Continuity planning and mitigation strategies are prepared for.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
The Leading the Function Success Profile is a set of competencies essential to leaders responsible for managing a function. These leaders are focused on longer-term functional planning, communicating upwards, sideways, and downward to ensure continuity of message and deployment vision and goals, measuring results of the function, and ensuring that their areas are taking appropriate action to assure organizational goals are achieved. They are also responsible for leading a team, getting results through others, and developing individuals to reach their full potential.
- Courage: Steps up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Cultivates Innovation: Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Manages Ambiguity: Operates effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Manages Complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve the problem
- Organizational Savvy: Maneuvers comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
- Resourcefulness: Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently
At Horizon Credit Union, we believe in attracting and retaining talented team members who embody our CORE Values of Capability, Optimism, Responsibility, and Empathy. Our pay values are reflected in our compensation philosophy which rewards individual performance and the potential to contribute to our teams’ overall success long-term.
The full pay range for this position across all the states in which we hire is $93,304 – $158,617 / annually. The figures shown represent the minimum and maximum range for this role. Individual offers are made dependent upon a candidate’s experience, education, and skill level.
BENEFITS, PERKS, AND OTHER GOOD STUFF
We know there’s more to life than just a job. Our benefits are designed to help support our employees and their well-being. Take a look at what we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance for employees & their families
- Paid Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401K Retirement Savings
- Employer 401K Retirement Contributions & Matching upon eligibility
- Discretionary Annual Incentive Bonus Based on eligibility criteria
- Paid Time Off per Full Calendar Year
- 10 hours of PTO per month
- Paid Birthday Holiday
- 2 Paid Wellness Days
- 24 hours of Paid Volunteer Time
- 11 Paid Holidays
- And More!
EXPERTISE YOU NEED
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related. Minimum five years of experience successfully leading and guiding a key organizational relevant business unit at a leadership level. Related work experience may substitute for education.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Capabilities
- Strong marketing and digital practices. Experience in all aspects of developing and implementing targeted marketing strategies to meet the credit union’s objectives; including print, digital, and social media strategies.
- Knowledge of financial products and services, general markets, and overall financial industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to lead, collaborate and work effectively with internal and external stakeholders (co-workers, members, vendors, etc.).
- A balanced, disciplined, and innovative approach to the management of the overall marketing strategy design
- Critical thinking and strategic mindset
- An objective approach to addressing opportunities and resolving challenges
- Display agility and ability to assess and adjust or fine-tune the plan as needed to support overall objectives
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Technical and advanced analytical, financial, and budgeting skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Well organized, timely, attentive to details, creative and self-motivated
To perform the essential functions of this position an employee must be able to meet the following workplace demands: the ability to converse with others, detect sound, identify and detect objects, count, read, write, operate a computer, handle and feel objects, reach with hands/arms and be stationary and/or stand and/or move for long periods. Occasionally an employee will lift/pull/push and carry up to 25 to 50 pounds, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, and be able to maintain balance doing these activities. The position requires sound reasoning, good judgment, and the ability to apply knowledge toward work activities. The noise level is moderate and typical of a normal office environment. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Horizon Credit Union will provide reasonable accommodation/s to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, unless such accommodations would cause the employer an undue hardship. To request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
ABOUT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential functions and minimum qualifications for this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Job descriptions are not intended, nor do they create an employment contract, and are subject to change at any time to accommodate business necessity. The Credit Union maintains its status as an at-will employer where applicable. In support of Horizon CU’s goals employees may perform other duties as assigned and all employees are expected to:
- Exemplify and model organizational CORE Values
- Promote teamwork and collaboration.
- Provide members, team members, and all stakeholders with the highest quality service and output