Director of Consumer & Small Business Lending
Northwest Community Credit Union
Northwest Community Credit Union believes in providing our employees an environment where they can flourish personally and professionally. We are proud that we have never lost sight of our founders’ commitment to providing each individual, and our community, with uncommon care. Join a team with a rich heritage of serving our region for more than 70 years.
Northwest Community Credit Union serves members from offices in 14 locations across Oregon.
Come join our team and flourish:
• Dedicated focus on employee personal and professional development
• Fun and rewarding work environment
• Generous benefits package for employees and dependents
• Company paid Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Protected Leave for up to 12 weeks
• 401(k) with up to 7.5% company match
• Company paid continuing education
• Tuition assistance
• Same day access to earned wages through on-demand payroll
• And much more!
At Northwest Community Credit Union, the health and safety of our employees and members is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at our branches and offices in compliance with Oregon Health Authority industry and statewide guidance.
Position Primary Purpose:
Responsible for the oversight of consumer and small business lending operations to ensure achievement of the credit union’s objectives and strategy. Provides strategic direction for consumer and small business loan origination, profitability, underwriting, processing, funding, post-closing, and vendor management.
- Oversees the performance and delivery of the credit union’s consumer loan channel such as indirect and direct lending, credit card, and related ancillary products.
- Oversees the performance and delivery of small business loan products including lines of credit, term loans and credit card for loans up to $350,000.
- Manages the consumer and small business loan portfolio to meet the objectives of the credit union. Tracks the performance of the portfolio with regard to risk and trends. Makes recommendations to committees and senior management with appropriate recommendations
- Formulates and maintains consumer and small business loan policies and procedures within credit union strategy and risk tolerance. Ensures the loan policies, procedures, services, and products meet federal and state regulations and reporting requirements. Regularly reviews credit quality and compliance of portfolio.
- Reviews and recommends pricing strategies to support credit union goals. Researches and evaluates feasibility of new consumer and small business lending products, or improvement of existing products. Develops and implements plans for expansion of lending delivery channels, while keeping abreast of changes in the industry to maintain credit union competitiveness.
- Researches and reviews new and existing lending products, services, and programs. Participates in business development and marketing workgroups in the establishment of lending programs for individual market areas.
- Ensures efficient, cost-effective processes and procedures are in place for delivery quality member service related to the lending process. Collaborates with Branch and Support Center Managers to ensure smooth lending delivery through these channels.
- Monitors the results of the department and provides month reports as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience in a consumer lending role with past roles showing a progression of increasing responsibility in a management/leadership role, with responsibility for creating functional strategies and specific objectives for the department. Experience with small business lending a plus. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks and initiatives for the credit union. Able to be a strong advocate for the department and credit union products and services, with the ability to design and implement new programs and implement continuous improvement initiatives for current programs.