Credit Resolution Specialist
CapEd Credit Union
The Credit Resolution Specialist is responsible for preserving the Credit Union’s assets by controlling delinquent loans/accounts, collecting delinquent loan payments, curing overdrawn checking accounts and/or recovering collateral.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned delinquent loans/accounts through contact by phone and/or mail; accountable for reducing delinquency/charge-offs; takes appropriate action to bring account current/positive. Maintains records of all collection’s notices.
- Analyzes the financial situation of delinquent/overdrawn borrowers. Makes recommendations to charge off and/or repossess collateral when other arrangements to bring the loan current are unsuccessful.
- Assists collection team in preparing court documents, skip tracing, research, and archival of collection documentation.
- Maintains knowledge of all Credit Union products, services, and promotions.
- Contributes to efficient Credit Union operations by performing other job-related duties as assigned.
Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience. Position requires excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Must have experience at an intermediate skill level using computers and MS Office software.
Education: A high school education or GED.