Consumer Loan Specialist
TAPCO Credit Union
What you will do:
- Collaborate with internal departments and members to develop and drive cross sales to capture market opportunities through promoting, explaining and cross selling credit union products and services, including but not limited to GAP, Mechanical Breakdown Coverage, payment protection and other loan and deposit products to enhance member relationships with TAPCO and deliver superior member service.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of and adhere to all credit union policies, procedures, products and services to enhance member relationships with TAPCO.
- Serve as the processor and primary contact for all parties involved on each consumer loan from decision to closing. Uncover and address member needs utilizing a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of credit union products and services and clearly communicating appropriate recommendations based on member needs.
- Works with staff to resolve exceptions. Contacts members, dealerships, and branch personnel to gather information to aid in timely processing and loan completion.
- Prepare and review executed loan documents and disburse/fund loan proceeds according to loan approval, as well as prepare and mail any necessary welcome packets. Performs outbound business development to deepen and retain member relationships through outbound calling to current and potential members.
- Serves as Credit Union advocate, representing TAPCO in a courteous and professional manner by conducting oneself appropriately at all times in manner, dress and actions. Maintains and projects the Credit Union’s professional reputation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws, including those of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), as it specifically relates to the job functions.
- Contributes to the success of the department with a willingness to assume other responsibilities and provides back up assistance as required or assigned.
TAPCO offers a comprehensive benefit package:
100% Employer-paid medical, vision, prescription, and dental insurance option for all full-time employees. 50% Employer-paid spouse coverage. 65% Employer-paid dependent children coverage
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care FSA
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Plan with up to 7% match
- 100% Employer-Paid Life Insurance/AD&D package ($100,000)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- 11 Paid Holidays + 1 Floating Holiday
- Optional Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 40 paid volunteer hours
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Accessibility (DEIBA) Purpose Statement
TAPCO embraces diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and accessibility (DEIBA) and is committed to creating a workplace where all stakeholders involved, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or limited mobility and abilities, feel valued and respected.
- We are committed to include diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and accessibility at the center of our work.
- We are committed to nondiscriminatory practices and provide equitable opportunity for all.
- We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
- We welcome every person to bring their authentic perspective and experience to advance our mission.
- We focus on real people’s experiences to uncover and address systemic inequities.
- We address our gaps and inequities through products, practices and policies that uplift our employees, members, and community.
- We put allyship into action every day.
- We value the seen and unseen qualities that make you who you are.
Your skills and experience:
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- One to two years previous financial institution new account, member service and consumer loan experience.
- Knowledge of state/federal contract law and lending regulations.
- Ability to use related computer software, Microsoft Office products, and business equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone with members and all parties involved to ensure deadlines are met.
$21.40 – 23.88/hour