OCCU is here to enrich lives. We do this by hiring tenacious, humble and big-hearted individuals who are driven to work hard, contribute to an outstanding member experience, support their community through volunteering and advocating for community needs, and are dedicated to their own individual growth and development. We offer a competitive wage, benefit and retirement package along with opportunities to develop your career in our growing credit union. Individuals who thrive on problem-solving, making a difference and working for a company that provides more than just a job and are motivated by what OCCU has to offer, are invited to apply today!
OCCU is looking an experienced Compliance Analyst to join our high performing team. The Compliance Analyst is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the credit union’s compliance management system, including member complaint(s), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) and fair lending programs.
Location: Eugene, OR
Beginning Pay Range: $28.46 – $35.58 per hour
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits. These duties are a representative example of position expectations. Actual duties assigned may vary and change depending on the business needs of the department and OCCU.
- Administer the credit union’s compliance system, including member complaint(s), HMDA and fair lending programs to ensure relevant and applicable rules and regulations, in addition to credit union policies and procedures, are applied across business lines.
- Responsible for day-to-day compliance activities, including HMDA and Fair Lending, for the credit union, such as:
- Review and analyze the geographic distribution of loan products, deposit products and reporting the same.
- Assist with the development and revision of policies/guidelines governing each program and its related activities to ensure the credit union has appropriate mitigating controls in place to identify, monitor, evaluate and report compliance issues/concerns.
- Assist with developing and maintaining regulatory compliance, including an effective process of gathering, importing and validating data.
- Collaborate with business lines with respect to compliance data collection practices and ensure ongoing compliance objectives and/or issues are resolved and met, including regular communication and consulting, and make sound and objective recommendations, as needed.
- Provide compliance consultation to business lines and credit union management with respect to compliance and risk issues (i.e. compliance tickets submitted via ServiceNow and risk assessments), in addition to building and maintaining an inventory of compliance, HMDA and fair lending resources, as appropriate.
- Review and recommend knowledge assets, as appropriate.
- Consult with credit union legal counsel, as needed, regarding difficult compliance or program issues.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance monitoring and analysis, including transaction testing, corporate issues, tracking and reporting. Deliver state of compliance reports or other dashboard reports, as necessary.
- Work with organizational development to develop an effective compliance, HMDA and fair lending training programs, including training for new employees, as well as ongoing training needs for employees, management and officials, as appropriate.
- Assist with the development and revision of the credit union’s system attestation tracking and reporting processes, ensuring that employees have appropriate system access to minimize undue risk to the organization.
- Assist with the development and revision of the credit union’s compliance impacting ATMs by collaborating with business lines and tracking and reporting ATM non-compliance issues.
- Respond to regulatory audit inquiries and examinations, including gathering applicable data, documents and materials. Assist business lines with independently verifying regulatory audit/examination findings and remediation plans.
- Assist with Supervisory Committee material preparation, organization and dissemination.
- Act as the compliance & risk liaison for credit union projects and initiatives that relate to compliance, when assigned.
- Promote a positive compliance culture.
- Assist with the development of and lead the credit union’s compliance committee. Ensure all business lines are kept abreast of compliance changes/issues, enhancements and implementation details.
- Conduct risk assessments for product development and processes, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain third party relationships specific to the program(s).
- Report identified issues, repeat issues or concerns to the compliance & risk manager.
- Must follow all required laws and regulations as well as complete all applicable credit union assigned training. Attend and complete training that enhances one’s ability to perform job responsibilities.
- Identify continuous improvement and efficiency opportunities to current Compliance and Risk practices, as well as within the Credit Union.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding sensitive, confidential and proprietary credit union information.
- Manage multiple and overlapping projects with dependencies.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, ability to manage and communicate across boundaries, build cross-functional collaboration and influence without direct authority.
- Utilize excellent research, writing and analytical skills, including the ability to mine large amounts of data. Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Possess knowledge of all financial industry compliance and credit union regulations.
- Demonstrate successful use of tools and software such as SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other collaborative systems.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
- A minimum of two years of experience working in the financial services industry, three years or more preferred.
- Background in deposit operations and lending operations (with an emphasis in HMDA and fair lending) with knowledge of applicable regulations. Financial industry compliance preferred.
- Experience identifying, deciphering and reporting critical information to a wide variety of individuals, including senior level managers, auditors, supervisory committee, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Willing to obtain and maintain applicable certifications or training while in the position.
An equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position will be considered in lieu of the outlined requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment and other business tools and materials.
- Use and operate a personal computer, office equipment and other technology devices frequently and consistently throughout each day with a high degree of skill, accuracy and independent judgment.
- Move to, from and within our building and across company-related property site locations as needed, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Correspond, communicate and exchange information with other employees, members and other third parties with whom we work in-person, via telephone, virtually or by other electronic means using available technology during meetings, presentations and other situations in which business information may be shared, discussed or exchanged.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style and steady work focus to ensure reactions and responses to varied situations, stress, ambiguity, frustration, disappointment and disagreements. Set an example to others of appropriate workplace communications while contributing to a strong, harmonious team dynamic.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 25 lbs. occasionally in the performance of regular duties.
- Remain alert and able to observe surrounding areas and conditions at all times to identify, recognize and respond to potential obstacles, safety concerns, hazards, threats, property conditions requiring attention, unauthorized and/or dangerous persons and emergencies.
Work Environment: Office-related work is primarily conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting (including fluorescent lighting), as well as shared office spaces and facilities that result in consistent and frequent noise (moderate and often louder than ambient noise), conversations among employees and/or members, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Saturday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer