Communications Manager – Job #3647
GoWest Credit Union Association
Remote in AZ, CO, ID, OR, WA & WY
Contact: Jennifer Huggard
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (206) 340-4842
Are you a natural wordsmith and talented writer who is waiting for a unique opportunity to represent something you can believe in? Want to find a career that is meaningful and enables you to make a difference? The GoWest Credit Union Association has a new opportunity in the Communications/Marketing Department for an experienced Communications Manager.
As not-for-profit, member-owned cooperatives, credit unions are more than financial services providers. They are vital community pillars, contributing to financial wellness and making a positive impact in their areas. By joining the GoWest Credit Union Association, you become a key player in supporting regional credit unions, enabling them to excel in their community focused mission.
Our six-state not-for-profit trade association is seeking a go getter who gets excited by value-driven messaging, believes writing is the reason behind everything good, and can write quickly capturing the nuances needed to motivate various audiences.
Enjoy a smart working environment that offers flexibility and choice for our team members. Team members have the option to work where it makes sense for them to accomplish their work in support of the organization’s priorities. This position offers the flexibility of working remotely from within one of our regional states (AZ, CO, ID, OR, WA, & WY) or in one of our offices (AZ, CO, ID, OR, & WA).
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Serve as primary writer for GoWest’s newsletter, On The Go, tailored to senior leadership and credit union employees, industry regulators, and trade press. Conduct interviews, research, and write assigned articles. Content includes credit union accomplishments and best practices, professional development opportunities, community impact opportunities, regulatory, compliance, and advocacy updates.
- Manage On The Go’s editorial content calendar, develop story ideas, and lead editorial meetings. Coordinate articles with outside contributors and freelancers, and edit all submitted content for voice, tone, clarity, style, and length.
- Manage social media content, strategy, and reporting for all GoWest Social Media Channels.
- Serve as a “beat reporter” for various verticals, as assigned, by gaining consistent subject matter expertise, providing communications counsel to teammates, covering relevant news, and developing and positioning articles to make member credit unions aware of the value of the Association’s offerings.
- Collaborate with teammates and proactively manage editorial calendars and timelines.
- Work with AVP, Communications, and the Marketing team to develop fresh and effective e-marketing content via email, website, app, executive communications, physical collateral, and more that achieves business goals.
- Support the team in various tasks and initiatives including but not limited to PR, media, and corporate comms, as needed.
- Write print and video scripts for special events, such as MAXX awards mainstage script, and other scripting as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in communications, stellar writing skills, works well under deadlines, and can write everything from news releases to social media content to print and digital marketing collateral. An ability to balance multiple tasks on deadline is critical. Experience in implementing editorial calendars, multimedia content creation, and overall digital content management is preferred.
This candidate will be intrepid; have a four-year degree in journalism, communications, public relations, English, or equivalent work experience; and B2B content creation experience.
Salary ranges from $58-70K base salary, depending on experience. This position is eligible for a variable pay program which has a potential 5% of base salary earnings. Employees (and dependents 50%) are covered by medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability. Employees are eligible to enroll in our 401k plan. New employees will accrue 15 days of vacation and 8 days of paid time off. In addition, employees will enjoy eleven paid holidays and two floating holidays.
GoWest Credit Union Association is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply by emailing your resume to [email protected] with the job #3647 in the subject line, or by faxing the same to 206.340.4802.
Please log in before posting jobs.