ironworkers usa federal credit union
Contact: teri robinson
Collections is, unfortunately, an inevitable part of a credit union’s business. Ironworkers USA Credit Union is seeking a collections professional who understands that collections take a combination of skills and attitude and who can compassionately and patiently guide our members through the difficult and uncomfortable process toward financial rehabilitation.
While this role, which is based in our Portland branch, focuses on collecting past due consumer loans, Visa and negative shares, we are lucky that this is not enough to keep you busy full time. This position will also act as back-up Member Services Rep interacting with members and handling standard cash transactions.
As the Collections Specialist, you’ll be encouraged to consult with senior management when you see trends happening and to give your input on policies and procedures that deal with collections. We’re a small team and expect everyone to help maintain the financial integrity of the Credit Union.
This position will be responsible for collections duties including:
- Outreach to members through inbound/outbound phone calls and other means of communication to negotiate account resolution and loan workouts
- Initiating repossession order on Credit Union collateral as necessary, determining wholesale blue book value and condition of collateral upon repossession and disposition of repossessed collateral.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records of all collection and recovery activity
- Conducting financial analysis and generating collection-related reports
- Processing pending late payment reminders
- Collecting all credit union delinquent loans
- Processing high-balance NSF checks and fraudulent checks
- Processing of all small claims, levies and garnishments
- Responding to all notifications from the courts on member accounts regarding garnishments, levies, probate, estate accounts, bankruptcies etc.
- Working with supervisor and/or Credit Union attorney to determine appropriate action on legal issues surrounding delinquent accounts.
- Prepares files for legal action and represents Credit Union at necessary court proceedings.
- Serving as a true member advocate, going above and beyond to provide a positive member environment, while ensuring prompt, accurate responses to staff and members across all applicable channels (in person, phone, email, etc.)
Candidates for this position should:
- Enjoy multi-tasking and be able to work independently much of the time.
- Have the ability to handle escalated service situations with members by demonstrating the ability to make on the spot decisions that benefit both the member and the credit union.
- Be outgoing and have a can-do attitude
- Be a good communicator who will contribute to a positive team environment
- Be passionate about helping our members attain financial success
- Be willing to participate in community and business affairs, as necessary, to contribute to the image of the Credit Union
- Flexible and available to work occasionally on weekends or evenings
- 3-5 years banking/credit union experience, highly desired
- 2+ years of collection experience in a consumer lending environment, highly desired
- Spanish bi-lingual, highly desirable
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations and rules governing collections
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software and collection database management systems
Ironworkers USA Federal Credit Union is committed to providing employees with a competitive salary, a friendly, stable work environment, and an opportunity for professional growth. We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage. 401(k), Pension Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Wellness Incentive, Credit Union Membership, Loan Discounts, and more.
If you are interested in joining the Ironworkers USA Federal Credit Union team, please send your resume and cover letter outlining your salary requirements to: Human Resources Department: Recruitment Team 11620 NE Ainsworth Circle #400, Portland OR 97220 or email your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]