TAPCO Credit Union
Salary: $22.90 – $28.63 per hour
Location: Hybrid available (must be located in Washington or Idaho)
As a BSA Specialist, you will provide support to maintain compliance with TAPCO Credit Union’s BSA and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Program, Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) Program. The BSA Specialist is responsible for monitoring and assessing adherence to all local, state and federal regulations focusing on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
What you will do:
- Monitor, investigate and evaluate member’s transactional patterns and account activity for potentially suspicious activity both as identified by the Credit Union’s BSA/AML software system reported by staff.
- Complete electronic filing of Currency Transaction Reports and Suspicious Activity Reports.
- Assist BSA Officer with Customer Identification Program (CIP) efforts.
- Monitor high risk accounts and review necessary enhanced due diligence, complete SARs accordingly.
- Review BSA related reports and assist staff with training and questions related to BSA/AML Program, OFAC, CTR, SAR and CIP policy and procedure adherence.
- Perform Section 314(a) searches biweekly or as required by FinCEN.
- Administer and investigate 314(b) submissions and responses.
- Review and recommend policy and procedure updates as necessary to maintain compliance with all applicable BSA/AML laws, regulations and guidelines, (e.g., BSA, CIP, USA PATRIOT Act, and OFAC).
- Assist BSA Officer when implementing changes to regulations or laws related to BSA, AML, USA Patriot Act, and OFAC are communicated to employees.
- Assist BSA Officer with the annual BSA/AML Risk Assessment, including collecting quantitative data.
- Identify and recommend internal process improvements to optimize efficiencies and improve quality of analysis.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Risk Management Officer.
- Assist the Internal Auditor with compliance audits and examinations as needed.
TAPCO offers a comprehensive benefit package:
100% Employer-paid medical, vision, prescription, and dental insurance option for all full-time employees. 50% Employer-paid spouse coverage. 65% Employer-paid dependent children coverage
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care FSA
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Plan with up to 7% match
- 100% Employer-Paid Life Insurance/AD&D package ($100,000)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- 11 Paid Holidays + 1 Floating Holiday
- Optional Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
Let’s talk if you:
- Bank Secrecy Compliance Specialist (BSACS) is required within 12 to 15 months.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Three to five years of experience with an emphasis on BSA/AML at a financial institution, regulatory agency.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of BSA/AML, OFAC and USA Patriot Act.
- Ability to understand complex legal and regulatory issues and laws
- Good communication skills both written and oral. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy to be exercised while giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or dealing with staff and members.
Position Working Conditions
- The work environment is an office setting
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Frequently required to sit and stand for longer periods of time