During this two-part virtual workshop, attendees will delve into what it means to be a credit union advocate while receiving the tools and training needed to maximize their impact through a personal and credit union-specific engagement strategy. The Association’s advocacy team will lead discussions about the many ways attendees can engage in credit union advocacy and the best practices for doing so. Guest speakers will provide valuable insight into the best ways to message the Credit Union Difference to different audiences, as well as demystify the ideas of lobbying and advocacy.
- It’s an opportunity to learn new advocacy techniques and sharpen your credit union advocacy message.
- You’ll get to hear directly from GoWest legislative affairs experts- the very same people you’ll be using this training to talk to about the Credit Union Difference.
- You’ll develop an even deeper advocacy network by connecting with other passionate credit union advocates.
Skills You Will Enhance
- Develop a greater understanding of the ways in which you can engage in credit union advocacy at the local, state, and Federal Level.
- Create a personal advocacy strategy for you and your credit union.
- Learn the basics of how to communicate with elected officials and articulate the Credit Union Difference to move the needle on credit union legislation.