Senior Business Analyst
Gesa Credit Union
Take a leap and join our team!
At Gesa, we believe in the power of our people. Coming from all walks of life, our team members’ individual stories and unique experiences are our most valuable asset. But it’s how we come together, igniting our collective compassion and commitment to empowering our communities, that makes us succeed. Because we know we go further when we go together.
Here you can join a team who is passionate about serving others, has a desire to do good, and shares a deep love of people. You can engage in meaningful work that impacts your community. You can challenge yourself and grow in your career. And, you can rest assured that your wellbeing and prosperity are our priority.
Get to know us: www.gesa.com/aboutus
Under the general supervision of the AVP of Program Management, the Senior Business Analyst (BA) performs thorough analysis of business problems and processes, as well as document business and end-user needs to define functional and non-functional requirements for business solutions. This role is responsible for reviewing assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial and technological risks. Find opportunities to improve efficiency. The Senior BA will also be responsible to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify and manage the requirements of the project partners in support of enterprise projects, including members and end-users, and serves as the conduit for requirements that flow between business units and technical teams responsible for solution delivery. This role has sophisticated to expert, wide-range job knowledge, and has proven the ability to handle significant responsibilities in addition to the Business Analyst role. Maintains a mature state of and seeks continuous improvement to the Business Analyst role and processes within the Process Improvement & Quality Assurance (PIQA) Team. The Senior BA also acts as a mentor, provides coaching, develops process improvement actions, and conducts training for other Business Analysts within the organization.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Elicit, capture, track, and document requirements for all business units using standard methodologies by working with the project sponsor and/or product business owner
- Elicit requirements from the business
- Present requirements to business owners, project teams and management and obtain agreement from all decision makers on the strategic and tactical direction of the initiative
- Lead the decomposition of high-level business and user requirements into development and test requirements
- Facilitate systems scoping and requirements sessions, independently, with partners
- Manage requirements traceability information and tracking requirements status throughout the project
- Lead requirements analysis and verification to ensure that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards
- Co-facilitate requirements prioritization with project managers and/or Junior Business Analysts
- Lead peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents
- Lead analysis and validation of project / maintenance release results against project requirements and vision
- Lead the analysis and preparation of testing requirements and documentation needs
- Lead research and recommend improvements to business processes, organization, and rules that can increase the advantages gained from technical and non-technical solutions
- Establish the strategic direction of process and system improvements initiatives by working with business owners and identifying options.
- Document sophisticated multi-system workflows and business processes and pro-actively identify improvements and opportunities.
- Utilizes process improvement tools, such as SIPOCs, X-Y Matrix, Multi-Vari charts, Fishbone Diagrams, and Value Stream Maps to identify major obstacles in achieving efficiency and consistency and guide the business unit through the process of improving operations.
- Evaluates project and process improvement success through the Benefit Realization Management process by analyzing and comparing business data to established critical metric measurements
- Provide direction for strategic business improvements
- Lead the continuous growth of the Business Analyst role within the PIQA team and across the credit union.
- Improve the Business Analysis process on a continuous basis
- Provide leadership for the Business Analysis process across the company
- Understanding and working knowledge of Project Management systems and methodologies, to include agile.
- Mentor, coach, and advise less experienced Business Analysts.
- Member and Relationship Centered
- Collaborative and Empowering
- Continuously Develops
- Accountable for Results
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Leadership Competencies
- Task Management
- Providing Feedback and Developing Others
- Leading Others
- Social Responsibility
- Functional Competencies
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Literacy
- Communication Both Verbal and Written
- Information Seeking
- Collaboration & Partnership
- Time Management
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)
What You Will Need:
- 5+ years of Business/Process/Technical Analysis or Technical Project experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business, Information Systems or equivalent
- Process improvement certification such as Lean Six Sigma Black or experienced green belt desired
- Sophisticated to Specialist Skill/Knowledge in the following:
- Process Improvement tools and techniques
- Requirements Modeling
- Business Process Analysis
- Software and system Development Lifecycle
- Business Process Modeling/Notation
- Project Management Lifecycle
- Business writing
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Project
- Microsoft Visio or other modeling software
- Financial Services/Credit Union experience
- Vendor Analysis experience
Our Team Member Value Proposition
In exchange for bringing your talent to Gesa, here are a just a few of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Plus 10 Paid Holidays!
- 401(k) Match
- Incentive Program
- Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Repayment
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Product discounts
- Engaging Work Environment
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
Per the Dictionary of Occupational Titles, this is considered a sedentary position.
- Frequent sitting (31-70%).
- Occasional walking and standing (11-30%).
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. frequently, including negligible forces.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. on a seldom basis.
- Frequent repetitive hand and wrist motions.
Get wise to what’s possible with a career at Gesa. Join us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.