Mortgage Loan Representative
Beginning Pay Range: $21.03 – $26.29 per hour
OCCU is looking for experienced Mortgage Loan Representatives to join our growing and high performing team! If you have matching experience and want to work for a dynamic credit union consider applying today! The Mortgage Loan Representative’s primary function is to assist members with their mortgage lending needs, analyze loan requests and determine best product placement for members, and screen credit and credit documentation to make initial loan qualification recommendation based on OCCU’s minimum mortgage lending policy and guideline requirements.
Location: Eugene, OR
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits. These duties are a representative example of position expectations. Actual duties assigned may vary and change depending on the business needs of the department and OCCU.
- Manage OCCU Mortgage Lending branch referrals. Assist walk-in members and appointments made by branch staff for all mortgage lending scenarios, inquires and application requests.
- Review and analyze initial loan application submitted by members and/or assist members in completing initial loan application for qualification review.
- Determine best product for members needs and wants.
- Review and evaluate information on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property and loan conditions meet Credit Union, Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac and governmental standards.
- Approve or reject initial loan application, or request additional information, to proceed with processing and full underwriting for final approval.
- Gather and analyze member documents, ensuring accuracy and fulfilment to application and loan approval requirements.
- Review terms and conditions of approved loan with members.
- Manage pipeline, ensuring timely and accurate responses to members, setting expectations for supporting roles within the department and allowing management to forecast budget accordingly.
- Make cold calls and send out mailers to initiate referrals and establish new business.
- Stay informed of current trends in mortgage lending and market factors affecting mortgage lending. Prepare and present educational seminars for realtors on credit union real estate products.
- Stay up to date on products and services offered by OCCU and other financial institutions. Act as a resource to assist members in determining which type of real estate product best suits their situation. Cross-sell Credit Union services to increase overall aggregate balances.
- Maintain a working knowledge of GSE Guidelines (Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac).
- Operate under Regulation, Quality Control and department required timelines. Identify and communicate issues which may prevent reaching these timelines.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding sensitive, confidential and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Must follow all BSA regulations, including completing CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
- Must maintain licensing and relevant updates with the NMLS Safe Act website including address changes, name changes and other relevant personal information changes required by NMLS. Annually renew licensing in the timeline allotted by NMLS.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred qualifications for the position include: Two years to five years of real estate lending/sales experience.
Equivalent to a two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
An equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position will be considered in lieu of the outlined requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment and other business tools and materials.
- Use and operate a personal computer, office equipment and other technology devices frequently and consistently throughout each day with a high degree of skill, accuracy and independent judgment.
- Move to, from and within our building and across company-related property site locations as needed, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Correspond, communicate and exchange information with other employees, members and other third parties with whom we work in-person, via telephone, virtually or by other electronic means using available technology during meetings, presentations and other situations in which business information may be shared, discussed or exchanged.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style and steady work focus to ensure reactions and responses to varied situations, stress, ambiguity, frustration, disappointment and disagreements. Set an example to others of appropriate workplace communications while contributing to a strong, harmonious team dynamic.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 25 lbs. occasionally in the performance of regular duties.
- Remain alert and able to observe surrounding areas and conditions at all times to identify, recognize and respond to potential obstacles, safety concerns, hazards, threats, property conditions requiring attention, unauthorized and/or dangerous persons and emergencies.
Work Environment: Office-related work is primarily conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting (including fluorescent lighting), as well as shared office spaces and facilities that result in consistent and frequent noise (moderate and often louder than ambient noise), conversations among employees and/or members, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Saturday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer