Mortgage Lending Production Manager
Oregon Community Credit Union
Pay range: $90,918.07 – $112,310.56 annually, plus a sales incentive plan.
Location: Eugene, OR – This position is hybrid (both remote and on-site) in Oregon.
OCCU is here to enrich lives. We do this by hiring tenacious, humble, and big-hearted individuals who are driven to work hard; contribute to an outstanding member experience; support their community through volunteering and advocating for community needs and are dedicated to their own individual growth and development.
As the Mortgage Lending Production Manager, you will provide leadership and vision by creating objectives to meet strategic initiatives of OCCU; delivered through a strong production team. You will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Mortgage Production and Business Development team. This manager pro-actively drives production through community engagement, networking events and business partnerships. They monitor market conditions and trends and recommend enhancements to procedures and loan programs.
As a leader you will:
- Hire, schedule, develop, mentor, coach and assess assigned team members which results in a high functioning and effective organization that results in a competitive advantage of providing best in class member service.
- Develop goals for each team member which align with organization goals.
- Oversee performance management with the guidance and assistance of Human Resources if it moves into disciplinary action.
- Conduct regular feedback and development meetings with all assigned team members.
- Maintain a cohesive, highly trained, and motivated team who effectively meet daily department demand and long-term organizational goals.
- Provide consistent communication to their teams to ensure they understand the objectives and organizational goals and how each contributes to these.’
- Lead team members through change management effectively when required.
- Establish and maintain commitments and professional business relationships with team members, members, vendors, the community, professional organizations and credit union trade organizations.
- Play a positive role in the development and growth of assigned team members through excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with strong delegation skills assuring a highly effective, cross-trained staff.
- Embrace their own learning and development and always look for ways to become an even more effective leader.
- Use self-awareness and communication skills to effectively collaborate with other departments and areas.
Every day you will:
- Ensure loans are originated and processed according to program and internal guidelines in compliance with OCCU and secondary market standards.
- Drive mortgage production while ensuring a high level of member service.
- Track performance objectives for Production team.
- Drive an accelerated sales culture in the region by ensuring accountability for results through execution of the sales and sales management process and effective coaching practices.
- Possess and utilize expert knowledge of sales techniques and strategies.
- Facilitate and deliver sales training, sales contests and the creation of marketing materials.
- Actively engage with business partners and prospective partners through networking events and other relevant opportunities.
- Effectively assist team with resolving member complaints within a timely fashion.
- Effectively assist team with file troubleshooting, scenarios and deal structuring.
- Review pipelines to ensure that all contingency, rate lock and closing dates are met.
- Ensure all internal service-level agreements are met.
- Monitor individual team member’s file assignments to ensure equitable distribution and maintain capacity targets.
- Conduct weekly pipeline reviews and monthly production meetings with team members.
- Analyze current process flow to identify change and improvement opportunities.
- Assist with reports, procedures, presentations, and other projects as requested.
- Operate under regulation, quality control and department required timelines. Identify and communicate issues which may prevent reaching these timelines.
- Create and implement action plans for continuous improvement based on quality and efficiency audits, investor feedback, regulatory changes and requirements, and compliance and QC audits.
- Conduct loan level review to evaluate quality and consistency in processor files as submitted to closing. Work with mortgage management team members to correct deficiencies and improve quality.
- Act as a liaison to investors. Manage relations with correspondent lenders, brokers, and other business partners.
- Provide backup support to all areas of the team as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of proficiency on Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal, State, Agency and investor requirements, as well as internal compliance and quality policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective and timely implementation of all changes to compliance policies and procedures.
- Must follow all State & Federal credit union and mortgage lending regulatory compliance requirements and complete annual training as necessary.
- Must be able to obtain & maintain NMLS registry.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential, and proprietary credit union information.
- Ensure HMDA information is accurately recorded, and all relevant guidelines, procedures and policies are followed in a consistent and accurate manner at all times. Take action if it is determined that staff are not complying with HMDA protocols.
To thrive in this role, you must have:
- Strong knowledge of mortgage lending business processes.
- A minimum of ten years of mortgage sales/origination.
- A minimum of 3 years of mortgage business development, coaching and mentoring or leading mortgage production teams.
- Experience with GSE standard guidelines, FHA/VA/ODVA and USDA guidelines.
- Knowledge regarding federal and state regulations impacting the mortgage industry.
Bachelor’s degree required and/or demonstrated experience driving measurable business outcomes.
Qualified candidates for this position will have the relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without accommodation.
OCCU offers a robust compensation and benefits package including:
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
- Paid time off in addition to 12 paid holidays.
- Tuition reimbursement for eligible education and training.
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.