Member Solutions Manager
Seattle Credit Union
Seattle, WA (REMOTE)
JOB TITLE: MEMBER SOLUTIONS MANAGER
Functional Area: Lending
Department: Member Solutions
FLSA Status: Exempt
Seattle Credit Union is proud to be intentional in recruiting, hiring, and promoting a workplace that is inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that celebrates our collective differences and encourages all to apply, including those with different background, disability, age, ethnicity, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or veteran status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Seattle Credit Union is dedicated to helping our members achieve financial prosperity by providing education and banking services that meet their personal goals. We are Inclusive, Inventive, and Invested. We are Seattle Credit Union – we build strong and trusting relationships in service of our Mission.
We are looking for a Member Solutions Manager who is driven to make a positive impact on the employee and member experience. You are a strategic thinker with a bias for action. You have a relentless pursuit of excellence while bringing others along. You do not settle for mediocrity and are comfortable with challenging the status quo. If you’re always looking for more efficient and innovative ways of working, are thoughtful, intentional, and collaborative, we would love to talk to you!
The Member Solutions Manager is responsible for the oversight and performance of all collection and recovery functions for the credit union, including monitoring and reporting key data related to charge-off and delinquencies. This leader also implements and carries out the short- and long-term strategic goals within the department that support our mission. This is an exciting opportunity to bring forth new ideas and see those ideas come to life!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provides overall leadership and guidance to the Member Solutions team that ensures the growth and development of team members.
- Ensures collection-related programs and processes deliver an excellent member experience and adhere to security measures, regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
- Ensures key information is cascaded to all team members; provides guidance for team members to maintain a clear understanding of rules, regulations, requirements, and expectations.
- Delivers a vision for a culture of growth and team development through organizational onboarding, training programs, career planning, goal setting, mentoring, and coaching. Utilizes tools to enhance engagement and performance for team members through goal planning.
- Keep abreast of internal and external factors that can impact delinquency; Stays up to date on industry trends, new or changing regulations, and new technology.
- Determines, carries out, and monitors appropriate collection and recovery measures.
- Evaluates department tools and processes to ensure efficiency and sustainability; Develops business plans and recommendations to enhance impact.
- Functions as resource for Member Solutions staff in determining acceptable loss mitigation options on delinquency loans, including consumer, real estate, and commercial.
- Responsible for all monthly/quarterly/annual reporting, including delinquency roll rates, charge-off, recoveries, call volume, etc.
- Review and approve legal assignments from 3rd party collection agencies and represent the credit union in court, as needed.
- Oversees the established quality control processes and creates new review processes as needed.
- Responsible for all activity related to internal/external audits and exams, including providing documentation and meeting with examiners; implements process and policy/procedure updates that address key applicable findings from exams.
- Leads the department annual budget process, assuring that the budget is sufficient to achieve the collections-related goals and monitoring for adherence throughout the year should adjustments be required.
- Manages all department vendor relationships and ensure vendor selections provide value internally, and that vendors selected provide cost efficient and quality service for SCU members.
- Ensures credit union products and services are supported, promoted and cross sold with member engagements.
- Partners with internal and external clients using excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Advances multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Demonstrates commitment to SCU values.
- Analyzes and overcomes objections; demonstrates collaborative teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or similar, or equivalent work experience.
- Six (6) years + in a collections-related field.
- Four (4) years + leading other team members.
- Three (3) years + working in a credit union or other financial institution.
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal regulations such as the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, WA state Foreclosure Fairness Act, UDAAP, Reg Z, and Bankruptcy laws.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Math aptitude sufficient to participate in budget process and monitor department expenses.
- Background handling repossessions, bankruptcy, and real estate loss-mitigation options.
- Demonstration of integrity, leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Freddie Mac guidelines.
- FICEP’s Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor.
- This is a hybrid role with work performed remotely in the Greater Seattle area of Washington State. This role may be eligible for virtual work, outside the State of Washington in approved locations.
- Team members may attend special off-hour meetings and seminars.
- The nature of work may include prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Seattle Credit Union supports and invests in our employees. We offer many great benefits including zero contribution medical, dental, and vision plans for our employees. Additionally, SCU offers a generous paid time off program as well as a 401k plan with a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 5%.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.