Member Service Officer – Cascade
iQ Credit Union
The Member Service Officer I provides exceptional service in lending and account relationships. Acts as a resource to members, educating them on products and services which will improve their financial wellbeing.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of the features and benefits of Credit Union services and of selling skills.
- Successfully cross-sell Credit Union services.
- Meet established performance objectives in member service and operations.
- Actively participate in branch activities and weekly sales meetings to achieve service and sales goals.
- Work closely with team members to ensure a positive team environment and overall member experience.
- Actively participate in monthly coaching to leverage talents and development opportunities. Commit to and successfully execute on agreed upon action plans with management.
- Actively support our service and sales environment within the branch based on our Vision, Mission and Operating Principles of the Credit Union and our Retail Service Level Agreement.
- Use skillful interview techniques in order to determine member needs and wants and successfully close sales.
- Utilize the Credit Unions Member Management system to build and maintain a personal Book of Business (BOB).
- Develop new managed relationship members using Member Onboarding strategy.
- Build and maintain Book of Business through regular contact. Use established relationships to determine services or special promotions specifically benefitting members included in BOB.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Credit Union products and services, including eligibility for members, types of accounts available (savings, checking, loans and other financial services); all current rates; calculation of dividends and interest, insurance coverage available, payroll deduction and other deposit and payment plans.
- Follow up with all referral opportunities via phone and written communication.
- Initiate daily quality assurance/sales calls to build relationships with members and increase use of Credit Union services.
- Accept and accurately process account and loan requests in accordance with established Credit Union guidelines. Demonstrate integrity in lending and account documentation.
- Assist members with any questions or problems with their accounts including any research and, if necessary, correction of any errors.
- Promptly and efficiently handle direct, phone, or written inquiries or requests from members or other staff.
- Process deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and transfers received over the counter, through the mail, in night drop and by telephone.
- Organize work in order to give prompt attention to member requests.
- Hold appropriate license/s to offer products and services offered.
- Demonstrate strong regulatory knowledge applicable to this position and understand and comply with government regulations with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US Patriot Act and related regulations.
- Actively participate and fulfill expectations in the Credit Union Email Security Awareness Program as outlined in the Information Security Program Acknowledgement document.
This position is subject to the SAFE Act Registration Requirements You must register and remain in good standing with the Federal Registry System (NMLS) per the SAFE Act requirements. You will be required to submit to the SAFE Act background check and fingerprinting process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your continued employment and may cause immediate termination.
Knowledge and Skills:
One year to three years of similar or related experience.
A high school education or GED
iQ offers a total compensation package for our totally exceptional employees.
Theres a reason weve ranked as one of top workplaces in the Pacific Northwest for the past seven years. We listen to our employees and continue to provide benefits that make a difference.
iQ pays 100% monthly medical, dental and vision premium for you AND your dependent children.
Saving for retirement
iQ matches up to 5.5% of your 401(k) retirement dollars.
Paid time off
iQ offers 11 paid holidays plus vacation and sick time accruals.
iQ encourages community involvement through paid volunteer opportunities.
iQ uniquely offers a paid Cultural Enrichment Day to increase awareness of the diverse communities we serve.
Investing in you
iQ offers a student loan repayment match up to $100 per month.
iQ supports you in advancing your education and knowledge through tuition reimbursement.
iQ offers an annual match to amplify your nonprofit giving.
See our full list of unique benefits: iQ23-BenefitsSummary2023.pdf (iqcu.com)
iQ Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Please log in before posting jobs.