Unitus Community Credit Union
Multnomah Village Branch, Portland, OR
At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. As part of a branch team, the Member Advocate will initiate sales, process routine transactions, open new accounts and take loan applications to ensure our commitment for unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents.
- Work with members in-person to leverage excellent consultation and sales skills to proactively assist new and existing members to open new accounts, apply for loans, and learn about and be referred to other lines of business
- Perform all types of monetary/non-monetary transactions using knowledge of fraud prevention, excellence in service, and accuracy in transactions processed
- Continuously develop knowledge of credit union products and services, as well as the internal computer systems used to manage member accounts
- Collaborate with other staff in branches or departments to research and resolve questions or concerns
- Exceed sales and service goals designed with a member focus
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- High School or equivalent certificate
- Must have a minimum of one year of work experience in a fast-paced customer service role that includes experience assisting customers in person or by telephone
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and experience in using technology to accomplish work
- Experience in a credit union or bank aiding with financial services products and using cross-selling skills is helpful
- Ability to be certified through NMLS and as a Notary Public in Oregon/Washington
- Experience with cash handling preferred
- Spanish language skills preferred
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing!
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be given full consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.