IT Systems Engineer II
Rogue Credit Union
Department: Information Services Grade: 13
Reports To: IT Systems Infrastructure Manager Classification: Exempt
Supervises Direct: 0 Supervises Indirect: 0
Maintains the overall integrity of the Information Technology (IT) infrastructure through the implementation of technically sound solutions combined with comprehensive monitoring, alerting and reporting that aligns with Rogue’s strategic priorities and organizational objectives. Anticipates and prepares for the credit union’s evolving needs, stays informed of current trends and consistently leverages data and analytics to maintain a strong understanding of assigned responsibilities in order to make decisions and strategic recommendations with Rogues Vison, Mission, and Guiding Values in mind. Identifies and makes recommendations on ways to enhance member loyalty, expand member relationships, and increase operational efficiencies through the consistent use of Rogue’s Service Promises.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
30% Manages IT projects related to new hardware and software, upgrading systems and performing timely routine maintenance. Evaluate new and emerging technology in support of Rogue’s initiatives and to align with organizational goals and objectives. Procure hardware, software and equipment from established vendors.
20% Proactively monitors the Systems infrastructure to ensure systems availability and acceptable performance levels. Create and maintain management dashboards and reports (data growth and projections, server performance, security, maintenance schedules, alerting, etc.).
20% Manages and maintains Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange infrastructure including DHCP, DNS, user accounts, group policies and security. Perform data backup/replication in accordance with established policies and procedures to ensure data availability and restore computing systems in the event of failure. Configure backup devices, software and manage backup media, storage and retention.
10% Ensures a high level of information security and data integrity. Establish policies and procedures controlling access to network resources for both internal use and outside, third party agencies based on regulatory requirements and best practices.
10% Creates and maintains comprehensive network, server and overall infrastructure diagrams and topology maps to facilitate problem resolution, support of the infrastructure and future planning.
5% Acts as Tier III support to the IS teams.
5% proactively completes other duties as needed or assigned.
1. Supports and practices Rogue’s Vision, Mission, Values and Loyalty Culture. Utilizes the Service Promises with both internal and external members. Embraces Rogue’s community involvement program in a positive and proactive manner.
2. Provides a high level information systems technical support to all employees of the credit union in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
3. Stays informed of current trends affecting technology within the credit union movement and financial services industry.
4. Maximizes systems up time on assigned systems. Researches, recommends, and implements best practice procedures and systems to ensure the long-term viability and efficiency of Rogue’s Information Technology.
5. Assists in cross training and ongoing support to the IS team members and system users in all areas related to assigned systems in order to deliver exceptional service. Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively and accurately with a diverse group of stakeholders and management in a way that positively reflects on the IT Infrastructure department and Rogue Credit Union.
6. Prioritizes daily tasks and effectively manages workload to achieve a high level of productivity. Is organized, self-motivated, and proficient in oral and written communications skills. Work is completed thoroughly and accurately.
7. Develops and maintains documentation on all process related to assigned hardware and software systems.
8. Implements and maintains appropriate disaster contingency plans for assigned systems
9. Works independently on tasks assigned.
10. Demonstrates empathy, self-reflection, and adjustment of own behaviors, displaying effective emotional intelligence.
11. Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively and accurately with a diverse group of stakeholders and management in a way that positively reflects on the IT Infrastructure department and Rogue Credit Union.
12. Meets or exceeds assigned goals in order to achieve individual, department and credit union goals. Stays informed of current trends within the credit union movement and financial services industry.
13. Adheres to and maintains all credit union promotional, regulatory and policy compliance requirements including compliance with any Federal and State laws.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two to six years of systems administration in a medium to large professional environment. Experience administering a complex infrastructure environment utilizing enterprise class tools and technologies while adhering to best practices and standards. Technologies include: Domain Management, Servers (Windows, Linux, UNIX), Virtualization (VMWare, HyperV), Storage Management (SAN/NAS/Pure), Backup/Recovery/ Replication technologies, M365 (Azure, Exchange, Teams, Intune, etc.) cloud hosting, certificate management, Database (SQL/Oracle), disaster recovery, and mobile devices.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field). Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field, or a combination of education and experience. Technical certifications a plus (A+, Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST), relevant MCITP, CCENT, CCNA, etc.)
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
Other Skills: Solid enterprise level perspective and understanding of IT infrastructures and related technologies; software/hardware maintenance/management, and IT security protocols and procedures. Must be highly productive, with the ability to automate systems and technologies to maximize efficiency and up time with the ability to work independently, under general guidance, on small to medium sized projects, effectively communicating progress. Self-motivated and able to prioritize work, and reconcile competing schedules. Contributes to the continuous improvement process within the department, proposes and assists in the development of new processes & procedures. Solid troubleshooting and design skills.
Physical Requirements: Some adjusting or moving objects up to 30 pounds in all directions. Must be able to remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers while using computer. Communicating with others to exchange information. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and make fine discernments in sound. Close and continuous visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
Work Environment: This job is an exempt position that requires flexibility in scheduling tasks and projects. The employee must independently monitor hours and judge the time needed to be spent on applicable duties. Employee must be capable of adjusting to unpredictable schedules proactively. As a direct representative of the Credit Union, the employee must conduct and present themselves courteously and professionally. Exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, i.e., robbery. Travel to all Credit Union regions may be required.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.
Note: Rogue Credit Union is a drug free workplace and requires a drug screening test within 48 hours of employment offer. Rogue Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method, please call (541) 622-7577 or email [email protected].
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.