Contact Center Officer
Maps Credit Union
1. Follows regulatory and policy compliance requirements, which include those efforts in compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Regulations, Identity Theft Red Flags and other compliance related Policies.
2. In a call center environment, provide service to personal or business members by providing counseling or performing maintenance on the following types of accounts or services: savings, checking, and certificate and loan accounts, online banking, debit cards, direct deposit, and automatic transfers. Provide information on current promotions.
3. Assist in transactions and inquiries on accounts via member initiated phone calls with efficiency and accuracy. Answer member questions and solve problems regarding accounts and statements.
4. Further enhance member relationships by assessing member needs and recommending additional products and services. Explain features and advantages of accounts or services to promote sales.
5. Assist members by opening and maintaining IRA accounts. Process IRA deposits and withdrawals within established guidelines and regulations.
6. Interview loan applications by telephone, gathering required information for credit applications. Explain loan options, rates, terms, and collateral requirements. Provide general and specific loan related information, payoff figures and bluebook values to members.
7. Process loan applications and obtain reports and information from credit reporting agencies. Prepare loan documents and disburse proceeds as needed.
8. Disclose loan payment, repayment, and interest charges to borrower consistent with credit union policy and governmental regulations. Cross-sell credit protection products.
9. Consult with applicants whose loans have been denied; assist in finding alternate financing as needed.
10. Provide loan payoff figures and bluebook information; act as a general resource for loan information.
11. May be called upon to assist department staff with customer service functions related to wireless services.
12. Maintain operational knowledge by staying informed of policies and procedures.
13. Maintain confidentiality and protect credit union operations by keeping member and/or credit union information secure at all times.
14. Maintain credit union workflow by cooperating with co-workers and providing necessary information to the appropriate people.
15. Enhance job performance by applying up to date professional and technical knowledge gained by attending training sessions and reviewing professional publications.
16. Participate in committee and team projects outside the department as assigned by direct manager.
17. Continuously strive to meet organizational objectives through personal and department goals.
18. Maintain operations by staying informed of and following policies and procedures; report needed changes.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assume responsibility for the daily operation of the Call Center in the absence of direct manager as needed.
2. Contribute to attaining Credit Union objectives by accomplishing related results as assigned.
3. Support Contact Center staff with auditing, member follow-up, and training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, over the phone, and via computer or other electronic means.
2. Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information, and respond to questions from managers, members, and the general public. Skill and ability to meet people and listen.
3. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret operational documents, policies and regulations.
4. Ability to explain and sell credit insurance policies.
5. Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good-time management, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills.
6. Accurate typing/keyboarding skills; basic computer skills, including the use of word processing and spreadsheet software applications and e-mail.
7. Strong organizational skills.
8. Ability to remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in the work environment.
9. Ability to cross-sell Credit Union services effectively and accurately.
10. Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
12. Ability to work with co-workers and members professionally and tactfully.
13. Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, and accuracy.
14. Exhibit a professional, businesslike appearance and demeanor.
1. Associate’s degree in Business, Economics, Banking or equivalent financial experience and Business-related (i.e., accounting, economics, finance, management) college-level courses or financial industry-specific training.
2. Minimum 2-4 years experience in customer service, including direct and indirect selling roles, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
3. Minimum 2-4 years in financial industry with progressive responsibility at the teller and financial services level, a minimum of one year experience in lending, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
4. Previous call center experience strongly preferred.
5. Must maintain a current Oregon Resident Agent License for credit protection products (Credit Union will assist employee with obtaining this license).
6. Requires the availability to work Monday – Saturday hours.
7. Must be bondable.