Consumer Lending Operations Manager
Seattle Credit Union
Job Title: CONSUMER LENDING OPERATIONS MANAGER
Functional Area: Lending
Reports To: AVP of Consumer Lending
Employee Type: Regular, FT
FLSA Status: Exempt
Seattle Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Role at Seattle Credit Union
Seattle Credit Union’s vision is to be Seattle’s Partner in Growth and Prosperity by providing financial advice, products, services and education. In Consumer Lending, this means identifying tailored lending solutions that creatively meet our members’ individual needs, so they are able to meet both their short- and long-term financial goals. We are seeking team members who are excited to make a difference in people’s lives, are excited to give back to the communities they serve, are thoughtful about overall user experience, are creative problem solvers, are looking to solve the problems of the future, and are committed to growth and learning to best serve the diverse internal and external populations of employees and members.
The Consumer Lending Operations Manager will lead daily lending operations, provide oversight, leadership, and development to the Underwriting and Processing teams, handle vendor relationships, and partner with the Consumer Lending Loan Relationship Manager to ensure the overall success of the department.
Essential Job Functions
- Effectively leads and supervises specific lending department personnel, including assisting with hiring, training, reviewing, scheduling and other administrative duties.
- Actively participates in the on-going research and development of products & services designed to meet community financial needs.
- Seeks to continually improve the user experience through the use of technology and efficient processes.
- Works closely with the Consumer Lending Loan Relationship Manager to ensure production goals are achieved.
- Responsible for adherence to internal policies and compliance with state and federal regulations as it pertains to consumer lending.
- Actively engages and maintains vendor relationships, including performing risk assessments and gathering due-diligence documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring monthly, quarterly, and annual audits are completed in a timely manner and that findings are reported to the AVP of Consumer Lending.
- Represents the department during internal and external exams and audits.
- Responsible for training and cross-training Lending Dept. personnel.
- Conducts performance reviews, corrective action plans, and coaches staff on areas for improvement.
- Participates in budgeting and financial forecasting/planning.
- Assists in planning, development, and implementation of lending processes, programs, and policies.
- Supports, promotes and cross-sells the Credit Union products and services.
- Assists in developing consumer lending operational procedures.
- Uses coaching as the primary tool for improving staff performance by holding regular coaching sessions and documenting results.
- Assists staff in maintaining department Internal Service Survey satisfaction ratings in accordance with credit union goals by providing high quality service based on our service standards.
- Demonstrate effective service interactions using the Service Interaction and Handling Objectives Models.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment, with occasional remote work available.
- May attend special off-hour meetings and seminars.
- Indirect exposure to robbery.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Emphasis in Business or Accounting preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent technical and operational improvement skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of consumer lending.
- Exposure to collaborating and working with underserved communities is desired.
- Genuine desire to engage with coworkers and members with diverse backgrounds.
- Bilingual Spanish language skills is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal lending regulations.
- General knowledge of credit union history and its philosophy preferred.
- Experience with the SharePoint platform is beneficial.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to connect with others with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to handle stress with a considerable workload and in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attendance.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently
- A demonstrated ability with a minimum of 5 years of shown experience in consumer lending including underwriting, one of which was in a management/supervisory capacity.
- Strong underwriting background preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties of the job. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.