Northwest Plus Credit Union
Contact: Kelly Alfaro
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (425) 297-1043
- Perform various accounting transactions of the day-to-day operations.
- Accurately and timely processing:
- Share drafts
- Return items
- Wire transfers
- Setup and stop payment of direct deposits
- And any other applicable transactions
- Involvement with debit cards disputes.
- Accurately create, verify and post general ledger entries;
- Reconcile reports, both internal and external to general ledger accounts.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and implementing applicable policies and procedures that relate to, but not limited to, accounting, credit cards, debit cards, year-end tax filing and wire processing.
- Respond in a professional manner to members’ inquiries, research, requests, problems, or complaints; guides members to the solution or to the appropriate staff for specific information and assistance.
- Stay Current with operational changes and required trainings.
- Inform management in a timely manner of all member related concern.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
III. Education and Skills Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Financial institution background experience preferred
- Some accounting knowledge preferred
- Ability to represent the credit union in a positive, professional manner in person, on the telephone and in written correspondence.
- Advanced skill level working with Microsoft Excel.
- Acute attention to detail with good organization skills.
- Must maintain strict level of confidentiality and security.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to organize projects, to prioritize workflow, and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will operate in a general office environment, using office equipment such as a phone and a computer. The employee must be able to bend, squat and lift occasionally when accessing storage. Standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate as compared to a private office with light foot traffic and office equipment. The employee must be able and willing to interact frequently with the public.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be constructed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
The credit union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background reviews, including criminal and credit histories conducted prior to selection.