Sr. Developer Salesforce
Gesa Credit Union
Remote- WA, OR, ID
Take a leap and join our team!
At Gesa, we believe in the power of our people. Coming from all walks of life, our team members’ individual stories and unique experiences are our most valuable asset. But it’s how we come together, igniting our collective compassion and commitment to empowering our communities, that makes us succeed. Because we know we go further when we go together.
Here you can join a team who is passionate about serving others, has a desire to do good, and shares a deep love of people. You can engage in meaningful work that impacts your community. You can challenge yourself and grow in your career. And, you can rest assured that your wellbeing and prosperity are our priority.
Get to know us: About – Gesa Credit Union
The Senior Developer will be responsible for leading the development and support of at least one of GESA’s primary internal applications. This person will work to build and enforce GESA’s coding standards and practices. This person will advise management of emerging trends in technology. This person will also work to mentor other developers.
*The Senior Developer position has the ability to work fully remote from Washington, Oregon or Idaho. Relocation assistance may be provided for qualifying candidates. *
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work with Project Managers, Product Owners, and other developers to lead the development of custom software applications.
- Develop code in alignment with GESA’s coding standards
- Assist in crafting and enforcing GESA’s coding standards
- Develop custom WEB APIs to integrate software components.
- Write unit tests as needed for their or other’s software components.
- Design and implement security measures for their assigned application area.
- Maintain knowledge of current and evolving technology, evaluate changes in or new technology, and provide management with information relevant to new technologies (hardware, software, or services) that could be beneficial.
- Mentor at least one other software developer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, troubleshooting skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in an agile and scrum environment.
- Ability to analyze information and recommend achievable operational improvements to management.
- Self-motivated and able to coordinate, prioritize and lead multiple sophisticated tasks.
- A proven understanding of web security principles and other security systems.
- Ability to mentor and lead other developers.
- Experience with developing code within Salesforce.
- Must be familiar with at least one modern front-end technology like Angular
- Must be familiar with at least one modern back-end technology like NodeJS express, or .NET.
- Experience with at least one modern database tool like SQL Server or Oracle
- Familiar with microservices architecture and container technology like Docker
- Experience with GIT source control.
- Experience working and developing against REST and SOAP API’s.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent of specialized courses, training, and/or directly related experience may be substituted.
- A minimum of five years of similar or related functional and technical experience. At least two of these years should have been in Salesforce Development.
- Knowledge of the Financial Industry, products, and services. Credit Union experience preferred.
- Ability to travel to complete assigned responsibilities and attend professional seminars and education as approved.
Our Team Member Value Proposition
In exchange for bringing your talent to Gesa, here are a just a few of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Plus 10 Paid Holidays!
- 401(k) Match
- Incentive Program
- Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Repayment
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Product discounts
- Engaging Work Environment
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
Get wise to what’s possible with a career at Gesa. Join us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact the HR Department at (509) 378-3100 or [email protected] to request an accommodation.
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes screening for all drugs considered illegal or controlled by the State of Washington, as well as, a credit/background check and a skills assessment.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.