Security Engineer (Remote)
TwinStar Credit Union
Invest in People. Empower Success
TwinStar Credit Union is seeking a Security Engineer to join our team! This position is responsible for managing, designing, and administrating the Credit Union’s Network Security and Application Security platforms. This position will work with credit union teams and vendors to oversee day to day operations of the credit union Information Security infrastructure as well as developing and maintaining measures to uphold the security of the organization’s systems and information assets. This role will work closely with the Information Security team to execute on information security recommendations. Position closes March 31st, 2023.
Full-Time Regular, Exempt
This position is eligible for remote work from the following states only; Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming . You must reside or be willing to relocate to one of the approved listed states. TSCU does not offer relocation assistance. You must reside or be willing to relocate to one of the approved listed states before first day of employment. TSCU does not offer relocation assistance.
Visa sponsorship not available.
Contact us at 800.258.3115 with any questions or request for accommodation.
Essential Functions and Tasks
- Provide technical on-hands work with security knowledge and implementation skills with the following: Micro segmentation, Zero Trust, PAM, EDR, and IPAM.
- Implements, tests and maintains network infrastructure, firewalls and information security systems.
- Assists with the clarification of individual information security responsibility and accountability so that necessary information security activities are performed as needed, according to pre-established procedures, polices, and standards.
- Track and maintain constant communication with internal stakeholders from the beginning to the end of any established network outage, incident, issue, or concern.
- Protects IT systems against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction.
- Plays key role in security monitoring, detection, and incident response, as well as suggesting iterative improvements in those areas.
- Identifies and researches vulnerabilities and weaknesses in software, systems, and infrastructure and makes recommendations on possible mitigation.
- Manage daily change management and maintenance processes regarding network and security systems.
- Assist in developing logical, financially responsible, secure, and performant network infrastructure based on industry best practices for a regulated financial institution.
- Manage networking interconnectivity and security infrastructure in Microsoft Azure and other cloud providers.
- Analyze security systems and applications and recommend and develop measures to protect information against vulnerabilities, data exfiltration, and unauthorized access.
- Assist management in developing and maintaining networking and information security strategic technology roadmap for the organization.
- Takes ownership and accountability for assisting in developing processes and continuous improvement in networking, information security systems, protections, and incident responses.
- Analyze system functions and failures to isolate and define problem areas.
- Perform/manage diagnostic analysis of the network system, identify possible faulty devices, troubleshoot faulty modules, troubleshoot network problems and outages and prepare necessary documentation detailing actions taken.
- Provide on-site and telephonic technical services necessary to insure the continuing operation and optimization of the network.
- Builds strong collaborative relationships with IT peers and business peers to improve operational processes and policies for information security.
- Assists management in developing and managing network infrastructure and information security financial budget and planning.
- Assists in the administration of periodic risk assessments that identify current and future security risks and vulnerabilities as needed.
- Manage and ensure adherence to network and security frameworks based on the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800-53 model and PCI (Payment Card Industry) for a financial institution.
Education & Experience Required
- High school graduate or GED
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- A combination of the following skills: Micro Segmentation, Zero Trust, PAM, EDR, and IPAM
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
The full pay range is $81,741.30-$122,611.95 annually. Depending on experience and qualifications.
This position is eligible for Full-Time Regular benefits. Employees and their eligible family members have access to a wide array of employee benefits, such as medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance is paid at a 100% by company for the employee coverage. We also offer Health Care FSA (HCFSA) and Day Care FSA (DCFSA). Employees have access to disability and AD&D insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our 401k plan. Full-Time Regular employees accrue 8 hours of vacation and 8 hours of sick leave, on a monthly basis. Full-Time Regular hired employees also receive 11 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, 1 personal holiday, and 16 hours of volunteer time.
All benefits except 401k start the first of the month after 30 days of employment. Employees become eligible to contribute to 401k on the first of the month following 60 days of employment
We invest in people and empower success.
At TwinStar Credit Union, we offer our employees rewarding careers serving our members and communities. Our approach is centered on the member experience while creating “Digital First” solutions. We know our employees do best when they are cared for. The experience created for members and employees is our difference.
Our Experience Principles are:
1. Make it easy for us
2. Deliver us value
3. Empower us
4. Care about us
5. Know us
Through these principles, we recognize that investing in the growth and development of others is a measure of success. At TwinStar, we are deeply committed to creating an environment where members and employees feel empowered to bring their whole and authentic selves to each experience. We embrace and celebrate our diversity in individuals and in thought while striving for inclusion in all we do.
Being an employee of TwinStar Credit Union is so much more than a job. It’s a place of belonging, where each employee is surrounded by others who support in a way that helps ensure the ongoing success of all.
We recognize that investing in the growth and development of our employees is one of our most important measures of success.
The experience of our members ultimately ties back to the experience of being a successful and well-developed TwinStar employee. It begins with a full Onboarding program – a multi-day learning experience geared toward helping new employees feel welcome, connected, included, and engaged. But that’s just the beginning!
Other opportunities for growth include:
- A vast library of curated online learning content, developed by in-house professionals or through reputable industry partners.
- Coaching and mentoring using proven methods and techniques.
- Engaging and interactive instructor-led training, facilitated by seasoned experts.
- Networking with industry professionals in the Pacific Northwest and across the country.
- Tuition assistance to open doors to professional licensure, certification, or degrees of study.
- In-house Employee Resource Groups, creating inclusive micro-communities to use your voice.
TSCU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.