Member Services Specialist – Bilingual – Sign on Bonus!
Point West Credit Union
- Assists members and potential members with opening, maintaining and closing member loans and accounts, answering questions about products and services (including debit and credit cards) and resolving issues that are within their authority to resolve in person and via all required, applicable channels (email, phone, etc.). Refers issues that are beyond their authority to the Branch Manager. Identifies cross-sell opportunities and cross-sells services to members.
- Prepares necessary membership and/or loan documents for approval and processes approved membership/loan documents for disbursement/filing, ensuring they are in compliance with Credit Union polices and legal requirements. Calculates payments, takes loan and membership applications in person and/or electronically from members and potential members.
- Provides reliable, accurate handling of members’ monetary transactions, with attention to the specific account/loan being processed (e.g., deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers, wires, money orders, gift cards, miscellaneous receipts, etc.) through regular attendance, accuracy and attention to detail. Balances cash drawer and accurately settles and records all daily activities.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous duties including outbound member calls, filing, project work, computer input, handling of ingoing/outgoing mail, and other job-related duties as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Experience: Two (2) years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills: Able to operate a ten-key calculator, typewriter, and computer keyboard.
Managerial Responsibility: Has no supervisory/managerial responsibilities.
- Continuous sitting for extended period when performing duties.
- Occasional standing and walking.
- Occasional lifting up to 35 lbs. (office supplies).
- Occasional bending, squatting, or reaching at ground level.
- Frequent use of hands in repetitive tasks such as simple grasping, twisting/turning of wrists; finger dexterity.
- Continuous speaking and hearing for interaction with staff, members, and outside contacts.
- Continuous ability to see close and at a distance.
- Continuous interaction with others, repetitive work, attention to detail, ability to solve complex problems, alertness, precision, concentration, accuracy, thoroughness, and memory demands.
- Occasional fast-paced work.
- Frequent deadlines, flexibility, performing basic and complex numeric calculations, writing, reading, comparing, analyzing, judgment, reasoning, patience and negotiating.
- Continuous operation of office equipment.
- Normal 40-hour workweek, with occasional overtime (when approved by a manager).
- Exposed to a potentially hazardous condition, i.e. robbery. Receives detailed instructions and procedures to be followed to minimize the risk.
The physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join Point West as we work toward maintaining a strong, trust-based community in our Credit Union with our customers, and in our communities.
NOTE: Point West Credit Union believes that each employee makes significant contributions to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making a fair pay decision about jobs. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors. Nothing in this position description is an implied contract for employment. The functions are not all encompassing and are subject to change at any time by management.
“The culture here at PWCU really is like no other company. From how we’re committed to serving our community, to how we’re treated as employees. I’m lucky to be able to be a part a diverse mission driven organization. Every day brings forward new experiences and proof of what makes this such a special place to work.” PWCU Employee
To see the full job description, our other open position’s and to apply, please visit our career page at https://www.pointwestcu.com/careers/ Cover letter and application are required to be considered for the position.
Job Type: Full-time, M-F
Salary: Starting at $21.00 /hour, Competitive based on experience, PLUS signing bonus!
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Parental leave
- 1 year
- 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Follows updates as guided by OHA and the CDC. Extra sanitation efforts in place.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portland, OR 97211: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required).
- Consumer Lending: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Banking, Credit Union: 1 year (Preferred)