Member Services Officer – Bilingual – Sign on Bonus!
Point West Credit Union
Enjoy a career with purpose and make a difference in someone else’s life. At Point West Credit Union we champion a diverse culture, pride ourselves on stellar member service, and are enthusiastic for creative, fresh ideas that benefit the cooperative. We believe that with a positive attitude, we create opportunities for both our members and our teammates to grow and thrive.
Point West Credit Union is looking for a dynamic bilingual Spanish / English speaking candidate for our * Member Services Officer * Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Friday 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
For over 89 years Point West Credit Union has brought financial inclusion and empowerment to Portland-Metro area residents; and in 2020 we expanded by 10 counties to reach a broader geographic area of underserved communities. Our roots include merging with the NAACP and Hacienda Credit Unions. As a $100M, community development financial institution (CDFI), we advocate for and lift up the underserved, including communities of color (BIPOC), immigrants and small businesses.
Use your customer service expertise to consult with members to identify their individual lending needs and provide solutions that are in the best financial interest of the member. If this is what the next steps in your career look like – we want to hear from you!
- You value your personal achievements and working with a team toward success
- You value building strong relationships
- You have ambition to excel in your career
- You take pleasure in working with a company that values the highest level of integrity and ethics
We are looking for someone who has the ability to:
- Establish meaningful relationships with members
- Use trust and respect to deepen these relationships
- Maintain personal accountability in relation to the team’s and branch’s goals
- Collaborate with managers and team members for the branch’s sales strategy
- Participate in community events
To assist Credit Union members with all activities associated with member lending, processing member transactions and responding to member needs for information and assistance with their Credit Union business.
- Corresponds with or interviews new member and/or loan applicants; prepares necessary documents for approval and processes approved membership/loan documents for disbursement/filing, ensuring they are in compliance with Credit Union polices and legal requirements. Initiates member interviews, answers loan and account questions, calculates payments, and takes loan and membership applications in person and/or electronically from members and potential members. Identifies cross-sell opportunities and cross-sells services to members.
- Assists members and potential members with opening, maintaining and closing member loans and accounts, answering questions about products and services (including debit and credit cards) and resolving issues that are within their authority to resolve in person. Refers issues that are beyond their authority to the Branch Manager.
- Provides reliable, accurate handling of members’ monetary transactions, with attention to the specific account/loan being processed (e.g., deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers, wires, money orders, gift cards, miscellaneous receipts, etc.) through regular attendance, accuracy and attention to detail. Balances cash drawer and accurately settles and records all daily activities.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous duties including outbound member calls, filing, project work, computer input, handling of ingoing/outgoing mail, and other job-related duties as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Experience: Five (5) years of similar or related experience.
Education: A two (2) year college degree or equivalent experience.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills: Able to operate a ten-key calculator, typewriter, and computer keyboard.
Managerial Responsibility: Has no supervisory/managerial responsibilities.
- Continuous sitting for extended period when performing duties.
- Occasional standing and walking.
- Occasional lifting up to 35 lbs. (office supplies).
- Occasional bending, squatting, or reaching at ground level.
- Frequent use of hands in repetitive tasks such as simple grasping, twisting/turning of wrists; finger dexterity.
- Continuous speaking and hearing for interaction with staff, members, and outside contacts.
- Continuous ability to see close and at a distance.
- Continuous interaction with others, repetitive work, attention to detail, ability to solve complex problems, alertness, precision, concentration, accuracy, thoroughness, and memory demands.
- Occasional fast-paced work.
- Frequent deadlines, flexibility, performing basic and complex numeric calculations, writing, reading, comparing, analyzing, judgment, reasoning, patience and negotiating.
- Continuous operation of office equipment.
- Normal 40-hour workweek, with occasional overtime (when approved by a manager).
- Exposed to a potentially hazardous condition, i.e. robbery. Receives detailed instructions and procedures to be followed to minimize the risk.
The physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join Point West as we work toward maintaining a strong, trust-based community in our Credit Union with our customers, and in our communities.
NOTE: Point West Credit Union believes that each employee makes significant contributions to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making a fair pay decision about jobs. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors. Nothing in this position description is an implied contract for employment. The functions are not all encompassing and are subject to change at any time by management.
“The culture here at PWCU really is like no other company. From how we’re committed to serving our community, to how we’re treated as employees. I’m lucky to be able to be a part a diverse mission driven organization. Every day brings forward new experiences and proof of what makes this such a special place to work.” PWCU Employee
To see the full job description, our other open position’s and to apply, please visit our career page at https://www.pointwestcu.com/careers/ Cover letter and application are required to be considered for the position.
Job Type: Full-time, M-F
Salary: Starting at $25.00 /hour, Competitive based on experience, PLUS signing bonus!
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Parental leave
- 3 years
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Continued sanitation protocols. Follow all updates as guided by OHA and the CDC.
- Consumer Lending: 5 years (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
Work Location: One location