Insurance Service Agent
iQ Credit Union
Assist the VP Insurance Services and Insurance Sales Agents in operational and administrative functions of the Insurance Services Department.
- Assist in the compilation of client reports.
- Perform administrative tasks such as processing applications, payments, and policies changes.
- Update and maintain client databases referral systems.
- Answer phones and greet members/clients in a friendly, professional manner.
- Schedule appointments and follow up with current and prospective clients.
- Provide account reviews as directed by an Insurance Sales Representative.
- Service existing client accounts, as needed, including written and verbal communication.
- Perform routine follow up functions with insurance companies.
- Generate monthly reports for employee referrals and branch activity.
- Maintain operations by staying informed of and following policies and procedures. Recommend changes as appropriate.
- Re-shop accounts at discretion of Insurance Sales Representative.
- Demonstrate strong regulatory knowledge applicable to this position and understand and comply with government regulations with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US Patriot Act and related regulations.
- Actively participate and fulfill expectations in the Credit Union Email Security Awareness Program as outlined in the Information Security Program Acknowledgement document.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience in an insurance agency or for an insurance company.
Education: 1.) A two-year college degree, or 2.) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school, or 3.) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
iQ offers a total compensation package for our totally exceptional employees.
Theres a reason weve ranked as one of top workplaces in the Pacific Northwest for the past seven years. We listen to our employees and continue to provide benefits that make a difference.
iQ pays 100% monthly medical, dental and vision premium for you AND your dependent children.
Saving for retirement
iQ matches up to 5.5% of your 401(k) retirement dollars.
Paid time off
iQ offers 11 paid holidays plus vacation and sick time accruals.
iQ encourages community involvement through paid volunteer opportunities.
iQ uniquely offers a paid Cultural Enrichment Day to increase awareness of the diverse communities we serve.
Investing in you
iQ offers a student loan repayment match up to $100 per month.
iQ supports you in advancing your education and knowledge through tuition reimbursement.
iQ offers an annual match to amplify your nonprofit giving.
See our full list of unique benefits: iQ23-BenefitsSummary2023.pdf (iqcu.com)
iQ Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.