Float Team Member Specialist
Kitsap Credit Union
Kitsap Credit Union has an opening for a Float Team Member Specialist. If you are already working for Kitsap Credit Union as a Member Specialist and looking for a development opportunity in your career this may be the next step for you! If you have experience in lending, a passion for mortgages, and love to support members with their financial goals, as well as enjoy offering feedback and making suggestions to help improve employee and member experience this role would play well to your interests. Every day as a Float Team Member Specialist will hold new challenges and opportunities to learn and problem solve.
This position supports coverage for all our KCU branches throughout Kitsap, Mason, and Pierce County
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Branch Managers & Regional Manager
Employment Type: fulltime, hourly, non-exempt, onsite
Salary Range: $22.36 – 33.54/hr depending on experience and qualifications
Working hours: Monday – Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday 9am-1pm
Job Functions: Tellering, Teller, Banker, Banking, Relationship Banker, Personal Banker, Account Representative, Loan Officer
Float Team Member Specialist Typical Job Duties
- Support other teams across Kitsap Credit Union by covering shifts
- Report on areas for improvement, and operational efficiencies
- Mentor new employees
- Meet monthly with Regional Managers to provide feedback
- Teller transactions- withdrawals and deposits.
- Build member experience and loyalty through member relationship building.
- Open new accounts and process loan applications.
- Suggest products and services to meet members’ lifestyle needs.
This role may be right for you if you enjoy connecting with people in a customer service environment and enjoy meeting customer needs with tailored service solutions. You pride yourself on your ability to meet each person as an individual, meet personal sales goals, and contribute to team goals. Your previous employers praise your keen eye for detail, and your previous co-workers talk about your ability to see opportunities and act on them. Your friends consider you welcoming, and your family is proud of your ability to coach others in their financial aspirations.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 1 year financial institution experience- teller and new accounts
- 1 year of consumer lending (Personal, Auto and Credit Cards) experience
- A desire to build relationships to recommend appropriate products and services
- Ability to obtain NMLS within 30 days
What We Offer
Not only are we one of the largest credit unions in Washington State, and growing, we are also a company that cares about its employees. We back that up for our employees by offering competitive pay and a benefits package that helps support you and your family’s lifestyle. We value our employees, and we strive to keep our benefits comprehensive and affordable. Some of our benefits include:
Careers | Kitsap Credit Union (kitsapcu.org)
- Free onsite parking
- Annual time off and sick time accrued
- 10 Paid holidays
- 2 Personal days
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Choose from a PPO medical plan or a High Deductible with a Health Savings Account
- 3% KCU funded Safe Harbor Contribution to your 401K
- KCU will match up to 2% of your 401K contributions
- All 401K contributions are 100% vested
- Potential annual incentive in all roles within Kitsap Credit Union
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Discounts on KCU’s products and services
- Paid Care.com membership including back up childcare reimbursement
- Paid RethinkCare subscription, a personal wellness and professional resilience program
We believe in the power of belonging – it’s in our DNA as a not-for-profit, member-owned cooperative. Our un-bank-like structure ensures that we remain all about people: our members, our employees, and the people in the communities where we live and work. We work hard to provide a collaborative and inclusive environment where you can grow and excel in your career.
We are dedicated to serving our members by providing personalized experiences, convenient access, and highly competitive products and services. But it goes much deeper than that. For more than 86 years, we have been relentless about making a positive difference in our communities. We understand that when our members and communities succeed, we all succeed, and that success can’t happen without great employees. If this is the kind of organization, you’re looking for.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******