Facilities and Landscape Maintenance Technician
SELCO Community Credit Union
Join our Team as a Facilities and Landscape Maintenance Technician!
As a member-focused credit union, we’re looking for new team members who have a desire to help others. Whether empowering people to reach their goals in person or behind the scenes, our employees share a commitment to creating meaningful relationships with our members and community. We’re also a fun place to work, and we offer competitive pay, professional development, and great benefits! To learn more about SELCO, view the full position description, and apply, please visit https://www.selco.org/join/careers!
We are currently looking for full-time, non-exempt Facilities and Landscape Maintenance Technician to join our team! In this role, you will support SELCO by performing building and grounds inspections, maintenance, and repairs, including conducting periodic preventative maintenance, ensuring all equipment and systems are in high functioning working order.
The Facilities and Landscape Maintenance Technician will work onsite with expected travel to various SELCO locations in the Central Oregon area. The successful candidate will need to be available to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:15am and 6:30pm.
Base salary: The full salary range for the Facilities and Landscape Maintenance Technician is $20.45to $30.05 per hour, with new hires generally starting between $23.65 and $26.85 per hour, based on relevant knowledge, skills, education, and experience. This range will be converted to semi-monthly ranges for full-time employees.
Annual Incentive: In addition, all SELCO team members receive an annual incentive based on how well SELCO meets the prior year’s strategic business goals. This incentive is calculated using the team member’s prior year eligible earnings and ranges from 0%-12% (with the average payout over the last five years being 11.07%).
Our team’s well-being is a priority, and we’re proud to offer a comprehensive and holistic benefits package for team members and their families.
- Medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan (with guaranteed employer contributions)
- Paid time off for personal and volunteer hours, as well as 10 paid holidays per year
- Additional programs and benefits include wellness and educational reimbursements, an employee assistance program, discounted rates on select SELCO services, and more.
Check out our complete benefits list here!
Essential Functions include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Conduct routine inspections of premises and equipment, including building exterior and interior such as:
- Siding, roof, gutters, walkways, parking area
- Flooring, high-touch surfaces, doors, windows, stairways, furniture, fixtures
- HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing, appliances
- Landscaping, irrigation
- Perform scheduled periodic preventative maintenance.
- Perform basic repairs and maintenance promptly.
- Report critical issues to Facilities Leadership immediately.
- Diagnose and correct mechanical issues.
- Oversee contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Schedule and oversee third-party testing and maintenance, such as backflow, fire suppression, leak detection, and roof.
- Prepare weekly incident report.
- Participate in weekly team meetings.
Required Skills and Abilities include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Ability to assemble/disassemble machines, equipment, or devices to repair or replace as necessary.
- Ability to review blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; strong problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- At least two (2) years of building maintenance or equivalent experience; and
- Valid driver’s license; and
- Must be bondable.