Director, Federal Legislative Affairs – Job #3456
GoWest Credit Union Association
AZ, CO, ID, OR, WA & WY
Contact: Jennifer Huggard
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (206) 340-4842
Are you energized by developing legislative strategy? Is influencing policy through advocacy one of your gifts? Do you love the fast-paced world of governmental affairs?
Our six-state trade association is looking for a Director, Federal Legislative Affairs to help strategize, lead, and manage federal credit union legislative efforts. We are looking for someone with proven competency in strategic thinking, plan development, and execution.
We offer a smart working environment which provides flexibility and choice for our team members. Employees have the flexibility to work where it makes sense for them to accomplish their work in support of the organization’s priorities. This position offers the flexibility of working remotely from within one of our regional states (AZ, CO, ID, OR, WA, & WY) or in one of our offices (AZ, CO, ID, OR, & WA).
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Act as a key member of the Association’s advocacy team executing federal legislative advocacy strategy and programs with six-state congressional delegations and executive branches of government.
- Build and strategically maintain relationships with assigned federal congressional offices, including both Members of Congress and staff.
- Collaborate with the Federal Advocacy Team to develop and coordinate the public policy and advocacy initiatives with input from regional credit union leaders.
- Direct the federal advocacy efforts for assigned states, in accordance with the vision of the Association’ Federal Advocacy team.
- Coordinate and support credit union engagement with federal congressional offices through key contacts program, district work period engagement, and social media efforts.
- Collaborate and coordinate key federal advocacy events, including the CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference and regional Hike the Hill events to maximize the federal impact of meetings with specific state’s federal delegations.
- In collaboration with the federal advocacy and grassroots team, work to develop talking points, calls to action and communications that effectively message the importance of federal advocacy and activate Association members to get further involved in our collective efforts.
- Assist and coordinate the Association’s CULAC fundraising efforts to ensure fundraising goals are met.
- Coordinate recommendations for the appropriate use of political action funds at the federal level.
- Coordinate proper credit union leader coverage and support of each state’s congressional delegation events, fundraisers and meet ‘n’ greet activities.
The perfect candidate has superb communication skills, the ability to grasp complex subjects and a background in legislative affairs, lobbying or politics. Experience with financial institutions is a plus. The ideal candidate will be intrepid, have a four-year degree or three years equivalent work experiences and have a passion for the legislative arena. One to two years minimum experience evidencing a background in lobbying, fundraising, legislative affairs, or grassroots coordination. Knowledge of the inner workings of the legislative process and governmental players.
Salary ranges from $60,000 – 75,000 depending on experience. This position is eligible for a variable pay program which has a potential 5% of base salary earnings. Employees (and dependents 50%) are covered by medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability. Employees are eligible to enroll in our 401k plan. New employees will accrue 15 days of vacation and 8 days of paid time off. In addition, employees will enjoy eleven paid holidays and two floating holidays.
GoWest Credit Union Association is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply by emailing your resume to [email protected] with the job #3456 in the subject line, or by faxing the same to 206.340.4802.
Please log in before posting jobs.