Consumer Loan Officer II
NW Priority Credit Union
NW Priority Credit Union is excited to offer an opportunity for a Consumer Loan Officer II. As our LO, you will act as a liaison for the member and the Credit Union. Counsels members regarding their financial matters. Promotes the use of credit union services and products actively by recommending a strategy to obtain the best results based on individual member’s needs, desires and resources while upholding the Credit Union philosophy of people helping people.
- Performs lending functions in conformance with established credit union policies and procedures. Interviews loan applicants in person or by telephone, gathering the pertinent information for credit application, explaining loan options, rates, terms and collateral as required. Reviews and assembles all loan documents to ensure accuracy.
- Authorizes the approval of loans within the guidelines established by the Director of Lending. Makes the decision to grant or decline a credit request and communicates that decision to the applicant.
- By listening to problems, collecting data, securing answers and following up on details, resolves matters to the satisfaction of members and branch staff. Discusses sensitive personal financial circumstances with members in a frank yet tactful manner.
- Prepares loan documents, including notes, security agreements, payroll deduction authorization, vehicle title forms, etc. Verifies that all documents have been accurately completed. Prepares disbursement checks.
- Files loan documents and inputs loan information into computer.
- Provides payoff figures. Prepares correspondence for mailing from loan department.
- Responsible for preparing all documents for home equity, first and second mortgage loans. Counsels members on mortgage products. Makes recommendations to Director of Lending on all home equity loans.
- Prepares reconveyance and balance billings for flood determination and title company.
- Keeps up-to-date on trends and developments with competitors through such activities as reading publications, contacting counterparts in other organizations, and attending meetings, seminars, and special events.
- Provides staff training in the loan area as needed. Provides support to the loan department staff, answering questions on policies and procedures. Promotes a positive team environment.
- Acts as support service to staff with respect to counseling members, knowledge of sharing, enhancements and other training as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Job Experience: Minimum two years lending experience required. Knowledge of advanced cross servicing techniques in order to cross service to members competently. Basic knowledge of consumer laws and the procedures required to maintain compliance with those laws.
Software Skills: Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Physical Demands: Required to sit for extended periods and occasional walking to provide member services. Required to lift up to 50 lbs. (coin bags). Noise level moderate to high in immediate area and normal range of hearing necessary to communicate by telephone and in person with staff and members.
Work Conditions: Regular work day with occasional overtime. Ability to travel to branch locations. Exposed to potentially hazardous conditions (robbery).
Other Skills: Strong organizational and analytical skills required to resolve member/staff questions or problems. Must maintain a high degree of accuracy in handling cash/checks, balancing a cash drawer and entering member transactions into the computer. Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills in order to interview effectively. Strong interpersonal skills to represent the Credit Union professionally and positively to members and to interact daily with staff and management. Ability to exercise judgment and maintain confidentiality in dealing with membership and staff. Ability to complete or resume tasks despite interruptions.
- 100% Employer-paid health, vision, prescription and dental insurance option for all full-time employees. 45% Employer-paid dependent coverage.
- 401(k) plan with employer match up to 4% AND 6% profit sharing.
- 100% Employer-paid life insurance/AD&D package (up to $50,000)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 11 paid Holidays
- Short and long term disability (We cover 50% of the premium)
- Employees receive 1% discount on certain loans after one year of employment.